larger motor than boat calls for

skinny

the 40 hp is a 66 but looks the same as my 61 spare I have too

the 80 hp will be prob a test run and sell I'm thinking or maybe it will be saved for a new hull (in my dreams)

the story I got on the 80 is that the bottom end was removed to do impeller and a bolt got broke so it never got put back together i ckecked and it has a new impeller. Still havn't found the broken bolt (haven't looked much) the power head turns over. pulled the plugs and loaded it full of 2stroke oil (no real clue as to how long it sat). She will smoke alot when she starts but been there before.

I keep this up and I'm going to look like a outboard shop

curently have

59 gale 12hp (needs coils)

12hp elto (parts motor for gale)

18hp Nissian (for sale)

62 9.8 merc (needs check valves for fuel pump )

61 evenude 40 man shift (just got running needs carb clean)

66 rude 40 electric shift (incurent use on boat)

80hp merc in basket now

sounds like you have enough weight in scrap aluminum there to buy yourself a new motor and go fishing rather than work on stuff

If anyone finds a police boat that is outfitted with the proper HP rated engine please let me know. Hard to find HP stickers on those boats. Last one I looked at should have been powered by a 75hp, engine installed looked like nothing under 150hp.

Of course they don't need to worry about insurance, just loosing the boat off the trailer in public. :whistling:

Please complete the Darwin awards application before launching your new Starcraft rocket.