Odd question

Anthonyd

Me and a buddy want to do some bass fishing next week and we really dont want to rent a 14-16ft tiller with a 9.9 or a pontoon boat deos anyone know ifand where we could rent a bass boat? or a deep v that has a electric motor ? let me know im looking more into lakes like southern kawarthas ie rice scugog belmont even thanks i unfortunatley do have a boat but im not able to get it down there becuase the cars that have the hitches will be taken that day wallbash.gif

Edited by Anthonyd

Me and a buddy want to do some bass fishing next week and we really dont want to rent a 14-16ft tiller with a 9.9 or a pontoon boat deos anyone know ifand where we could rent a bass boat? or a deep v that has a electric motor ? let me know im looking more into lakes like southern kawarthas ie rice scugog belmont even thanks i unfortunatley do have a boat but im not able to get it down there becuase the cars that have the hitches will be taken that day wallbash.gif

The last time I saw a non-9.9HP boat for rent was at Elmhurst's Resort on Rice lake. They had Pricecraft console boats with 40HP motors - no bow thruster though. Pretty expensive to rent, but price is relative to many.

Suggestion - put a post on kijiji and offer to split gas costs with someone with a bass boat. You may get a taker.

You may have a hard time finding anyone who rents bass boats in southern Ontario. They're awfully expensive toys and it's difficult for anyone to earn enough money back on rentals to justify the expense of buying them in the first place. It's even harder when the boat will be in storage for several months each winter, not earning any income.

There's also the cost of liability insurance liability. I shudder to think what the premium would be for anyone who wants to rent high-powered boats with no guarantee the driver has the requisite skill to operate it safely.

There used to be one or two places on Nipissing that used to rent 16 aluminums with a 40 hp and a casting deck. Not sure if they still do though - perhaps someone from that area could confirm. Not aware of anyone who currently does in the Kawarthas.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

I know a resort in calendar that rents 16 footers with 30hp motors. Glenn Echo

Glen Echo has Serious Boats for Serious Fishermen:

There’s no question that your fishing experience is directly related to the quality of the boat and motor you have at your disposal. We totally agree with this theory and want to ensure a memorable fishing experience for you. That’s why Glen Echo prides itself on having the best fleet of boats on the lake, including:

•16 Foot Lund Boats equipped with raised casting platform, 3 swivel seats, fishfinder, livewell, bilge pump and running lights

•30H.P. electric start Mercury outboards

•Bowmount trolling motors available*

* extra charge applies

http://www.glenechocottages.com/site/fishing.php

They are a nice couple from the Brantford area that bought a run down older resort and havent stopped working on it since buying it a few years back.

"i unfortunatley do have a boat but im not able to get it down there becuase the cars that have the hitches will be taken that day Posted Image"

If you have a boat....likely cheaper just to rent a tow vehicle. :dunno:

That's a great idea! Just checked Uhaul...they have pickups for rent with 5500lb towing capacity for 19.95 per day plus 49c per kilometer. If he's driving say 300km, that's $147 plus $39.90 for two days (assuming pickup the day before the trip so he can fish as early as he wants the next day). I'd guess you wont be able to rent the kind of boat he's looking for less. A full day in the kawarthas for a 14 foot tinny with a 9.9 can run anywhere from $80 to $100.