Bluefin Tuna fishing in the Atlantic next week....Go or No-Go???

You need to read up closer to the reasons why the fishery is in peril. This is not due to over fishing by recreational fishery. Im currently fishing them right now. I do so each year. Im also fishing for Blue Sharks and unless you have valueble info to add dont comment on my post send it via pm. Every fishery has had its up and downs and cant be fixed over night. Im sure you like targeting Rainbows when they spawn, no comments made about that but thats how it is. Fishermen who recreational fish for these species probally put more back into the economy and resource then you can or ever will. Its not just about the fish but also about sustainability and balance which will in turn get fixed. Loo at the Atlantic Cod stocks. They are not depleated and beleiving the propaganda sturred up about fisheries, killing can usually be linked back to one source. Tree hugging un educated and very poorly informed people with a thought process that of a fool. Research David Suzuki and sea shepards recent fiascos and talk about that why dont you. If you want a debate PM me and I can give you one. :)

In all seriousness I do not think you will get someone to change their mind by coming off as a know it all.

the inescapable trouble of debating with the uneducated.

no doubt we'd all like to see a viable, thriving sport fishery for these giants. but until their stocks are brought back from catastrophe, i have no problem speaking up about my opinion on the matter.

Im sure the raised hairs here arent due to raising awareness,....The issue is that it was done so by pointing the finger at a guy who wanted to go angle a few fish with a rod and reel. He's not even a pinprick on the map of the problem.......However,... a MUCH easier target :whistling: