Ebay for tackle

MichaelAngelo

Hey guys,

I've been getting some great advice on the board so far. Figured I'd save some money and buy tackle off Ebay, my friend's already been buying from there.

Can anyone recommend tackle/colors? I'm looking for simple, multispecies tackle. Things that have consistently produced for you in the past.

Thanks!

If I had to put together a quick multi species tackle box, I'd have the following in there for sure....

- red devil and 5 of diamonds spoons

- some natural looking rapalas in a few different sizes...try jointed ones as well.

- a few husky jerks

- mepps spinners.

- some basic jig heads in various weights...with some twister tail grubs.

- large bass hooks...with some senkos. (Natural brown and pink works great for me)

- the stuff above has caught me lots of pike, walleye and bass...and the odd accidental muskie.

- terminal tackle can be cheap on ebay...hooks for panfish, weights, snap swivels, floats.

Oh yeah...you can get good deals on tackle boxes on ebay as well. I have bought more than a few things off ebay and have never had a bad experience...just check their ratings and go with your gut when it comes to sellers.

Hopefully others will chime in too...I'm not by any means an experienced angler like a lot of others on the board! Good luck and good fishing!

Edited by ccmt

rapalas in all sizes and colour s will catch fish try some j-5s,j-7s ,7-9s in black\gold,silver/black,perch,charteuse,orange.....same with f-5s,f-7s and f-9s.Shad raps in all patterns are also effective.

mepps black fury ,spinner baits in black or white,jigs heads(different weights) and 3 and 4 inch grubs.white,black charteuse,yellow,through in a couple spoons such as daredevils,cleos,5 of diamonds.

don't forget top waters,jitterbugs,hula poppers,all sizes and patterns will work(especially the frog ones) plus top water is exciting.

Anyone got a good cheap place to buy mepps spinners? I looked on Ebay but they're still about 4,5 dollars each... about twice as much as I want to buy them for xD

Every time that I go visit family and friends who live in other cities, I like to visit the Wall Marts and Canadian Tire stores. It's surprising at how many times I find tackle that I need and use at very low prices. Example....in the Kingston area, I find lots of stuff for brook trout because brook trout is not the main species for the fishermen in that area. Meanwhile, where I live, brook trout accounts for over 95% of the fishing. Many department managers know absolutely nothing about fishing. They often put stuff on sale or overstock on tackle that is not adapted for their particular region. I often buy lures that are 1/2 to 1/3 the cost that they normally demand.

You want to buy Mepps spinners. Why? There are other spinners that are just as good or better than Mepps. There are the Blue Foxe, Panther Martin. I quit using Mepps spinners about 40 years ago when I saw how well Panther Martins worked for me.

I think you can save a few sbuck on big ticket items like rod and reel, for lures and tackles, unless you are buying a lot for the same seller at 1 transation, otherwise a few lures from one seller and a few from other seller, you won't save much because of the shipping, I think it is better to just walk in a tackle store and buy from there, just my 2 cents.

I think you can save a few sbuck on big ticket items like rod and reel, for lures and tackles, unless you are buying a lot for the same seller at 1 transation, otherwise a few lures from one seller and a few from other seller, you won't save much because of the shipping, I think it is better to just walk in a tackle store and buy from there, just my 2 cents.

I agree with Jack. However, if you can get a couple of buddies interested in buying lures in "bulk" or "lots" everyone can share in the cost for shipping just one parcel.

Unless you are buying bulk, tackle is rarely a good purchase on the 'bay. Shipping usually kills the deal.

If you can get it shipped to the states, then pick it up yourself, that's the way to go. I have used cbiusa (in Niagara Falls NY) with success, but only if I can get free shipping, they have a $5 per item receiving charge though, that's the only draw back. If you have a friend in the 'states all the better.

Another way to get some tackle cheap is to check out garage sales or

maybe The Salvation Army where in some cases you can get full tackle boxes

especially at garage sales as my brother has picked up a couple of tackle boxes

& a few rod/reel combos for a very reasonable price.......