Where are Bay of Quinte hotspots?

dyyyxd5

I'm going to Bay of Quinte for the next 4 days, I'll be launching the boat from Telegraph Narrow. I'm gonna spend 2 days for walleyes and 2 days for Muskies and Pikes. Does anyone have hotspots ( gps points would be appreciated) and what type of lures is best working for this time of the year?

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

howdy nitro. i believe guys might be willing to help out with general tips but i wouldn't expect any waypoints. it's also good policy to introduce yourself before fishing for info from members. just a few tips before one of the board grumps gives you a hard time.

NItro,

There is a general decorum to this forum. Contributors join and introduce themselves, maybe add some comments and maybe post a report or two about the fish that have been caught. We love seeing reports and pics of fish. Generally after someone has contributed to the forum for a bit members are much more likely to share information with each other.

As you may well realize, fishing spots, especially good producing spot,s are not shared commonly in a public space, otherwise they will not remain good spots for long. Asking for GPS co-ordinates quite frankly is generally seen as being out of line on a public forum. I suspect that you are either very inexperienced in the realm of fishing forums or you are purposely trying to shake things up.

Wow! I'm impressed boys! I was kinda expecting not so warm and fuzzy responses. clapping.gif Best of luck Nitro and please let us know how you made out. I've heard great things about that area of Quinte but never been fortunate to get there. Like the crew said "we love pics". Have fun.

Wow! I'm impressed boys! I was kinda expecting not so warm and fuzzy responses. clapping.gif

I guess we're all mellowed out because of summer and the approaching long weekend. I wonder which drection ths post may have went in the deep freeze of winter.

Post pictures of the muskies you caught, we REALLY love those :whistling:

Edited by Dozer

Yeah i'm new to fishing forums... and I didn't know there was some "small characters not-written rules", sorry for that. So I've been fishing for 5 years now, mostly walleyes and pikes. Biggest fish ever was a pike of 38 inches and 20 pounds last year in Abitibi. Got a wife and 2 kids and living in Montreal. So I'll nevermind for the way points!! haha!! I'm just trying to make the best out of my trip!! Thanks for any upcoming tips and Frankie thanks for the link.

Yeah i'm new to fishing forums... and I didn't know there was some "small characters not-written rules", sorry for that. So I've been fishing for 5 years now, mostly walleyes and pikes. Biggest fish ever was a pike of 38 inches and 20 pounds last year in Abitibi. Got a wife and 2 kids and living in Montreal. So I'll nevermind for the way points!! haha!! I'm just trying to make the best out of my trip!! Thanks for any upcoming tips and Frankie thanks for the link.

Nitro !

Welcome. Are you on the island, or in the burbs.As you will notice, we are not that far from eachother

Paul

I'm going to Bay of Quinte for the next 4 days, I'll be launching the boat from Telegraph Narrow. I'm gonna spend 2 days for walleyes and 2 days for Muskies and Pikes. Does anyone have hotspots ( gps points would be appreciated) and what type of lures is best working for this time of the year?

:rofl2::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Bay of Quinte is very large and the fish tend to move around so hotspots or GPS spots tend to be useless anyways.

Forget about muskies as they are few and far between. There is a good amount of pike and walleye and an excellent bass fishery there. Telegraph Narrows is a great place to start as the bay narrows and deepens a little, concentrating fish.

Look for gradual dropoffs to deep water or edges of weedbeds and throwing spinners or jigs etc along the edges should get you something. Bet you won't get skunked :Gonefishing: