Just before the storm

Lungelarry

We started out the day knowing very well that the forecast was not exactly in our favor in the sense that if you don't like to get caught in a bad thunder storm ....don't go fishing. Jump on the couch, grab the remote, and watch tv as the storm blows through....But after years of experiencing incredable fishing just as a storm blows in....we said let's roll the dice. The trip started out with all the indicators of what should have been a bad day.....we get on plane.....the net goes flying off the front pedastal seat and hits me in the head on it's way out of the boat...I think I have a concussion as Larry almost pisses his pants laughing at me until he sees his net handle point to the sky as it sinks to the bottom of the water lol! I would have laughed but I was lying on the floor of the boat getting my hockey helmet on (Guy Lafleur model) for the rest of the trip.

We finally arrive at what we think is a prime spot and lightening strikes again...I throw a first cast and BAM! a 4+ lb smallie hammers the bait before it settles on the water...the kiss of death shows it's ugly face again!....a fish on the first cast usually means no more fish for the day.....yiiiiiikes!....we kept on our way all the while peeking over our shoulder for the black skies that slowly stalked us from afar...as the the sky darkened, it became obvious that we were about to get pounded with big rain and waves....then all hell broke lose! The front hit hard, and the fish hit harder! It was literally a big fish on every second cast! They ripped drag and performed aerobatics that would have impressed the Cirque du Soleil! We couldn't cull fast enough and kept what we thought were our best 5 fish in the well which weighed in at 23.5 lbs. on the Berkley digital scale. The fish were feeding hard on whatever we threw at them. They smashed the baits in a frenzy that typifies fish behaviour just before a front blows through....the lightening got closer....and I mean REAL CLOSE!....We ran for shore and waited out the storm......here are a few pics from our adventure with mother nature.....

IMG_1369 (Small).JPG

IMG_1371 (Small).JPG

IMG_1378 (Small).JPG

IMG_1389 (Small).JPG

But after years of experiencing incredable fishing just as a storm blows in....

Some nice fish Larry and I agree with you 100%, alot of my best fish have come while a storm is brewing on the horizon.

When the sky is black & the thunder is rumbling, the bigguns are biting.