My bass opener

ChrisK

Went to my trailer this weekend to find the river high and muddy. Rained Thursday,Friday and Monday but the river was still holding in its banks so I decided to give her a go. Saturday was pretty much a right off with only a couple fish caught but today the river had dropped and cleared some and the bite was on.

Landed about ten smallies and lost one of the biggest rock bass I've ever hooked. Wish I could of got a picture of him before he spit my fly.

DSC03420.jpg

I hope to smash a few bass on the fly rod soon! What patterns are you using? Looks like egg sucking leech. I toss flies in still water and find small bright streamer patterns to work best other than poppers. Looks like a nice opener :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like we all did well this year Chris.Must be wild catching Bass on a fly rod. Nice going.

A little Cattle Boyz, some onion, and salt and pepper. Wrap in tin foil, in the oven for 25 mins at 325F

Was a riot catching smallies on the 5wt today. I used my 7-8wt Saturday but it was to much of a meat stick and took all the fun out of fighting the bass so today the 5wt came out to play :D

Fly of choice was a egg sucking leech pattern on a #4 9672 streamer hook. I went all day on the one fly which was amazing due to the fact that I snagged it up about 5 times on the bottom of the river,resharpened the hook every time, pulled it out of a couple trees and on the last few fish the hackle got knawed off but I kept on using it and the fish kept on smashing it....Got to love it !!

Special thanks to my good friend John coming out and being my camera man :lol: Some of you may recognize him if your from London. He's the Engineering chair from Fanshawe college and has appeared on London 6.00 news a few times discussing Fanshawe events.

John caught his share of smallies on his 4wt as well today using a fly he tied that looks like a sparkly crayfish. Sam was there representing as well making sure he did his best to spook the bass as he swam through the pools around us in search of the perfect submerged stick.

DSC03432.jpg

DSC03439.jpg

This ones for Spiel :D

DSC03360-1.jpg