40 min

GBW

I went up to see my folks today as it was my dad's b-day. So I packed my car with the kids, dog and fishing gear. I left the Mrs at home as she had a lot to do for her other job (part time travel agent).

Got to the cottage, said "so what's the plans for the day" and I was told "pull the hot-tub from here and out to the deck". :wallbash: So my mom looked after my kids while my dad and I took out a window and small section of wall and in 2 hours all was back almost like we never took it apart. :thumbsup_anim:

We all had some lunch, give my dad his b-day gift and then I'm asked "are you going to go fishing now?" My reply was "well we are her for your b-day so it's your call". I got in about 40 min of fishing and I was rewarded with a 49.5CM walleye for my efforts of the day. The "Magic Grub" worked again! I was all freaked out when bringing the fish in because it fought like a 9LB SMB! I have never had a walleye fight like that before!

I landed it (Bass tourney guy style) as I had no net with me, layed it on my new "slot-stick" and I was happy to see it was right there in the slot to go home for a feed, woohoo!

I did about 10 more casts and decided to head in because I had a meal and I was getting another sunburn. <_<

When I get a chance I'll add the pic to the report (tomorrow).

I'm not sure what my dad appreciated more for his b-day. The gift the kids picked out or the work done around his house/cottage? Either way, I'm beat and ready for a shower, beer and bed. Cheers.

Geoff

haha there's 2 things I'd like to see...a giant bass and a walleye that puts up a good fight! Sounds like a great day, nice when the big ones co-operate

At one point I swear I had a Musky on as they are in this area of the lake.

Better than pulling a wagon around at the fair! But you should have seen the kid's face.

Maybe, but some tome times the looks in the wagon are far better.

clapping.gif What a way to pass a day. Good on ya Geoff !!!

Tks Paul, it was a busy day for sure! I fell like a rented muel...

Edited by GBW

I went up to see my folks today as it was my dad's b-day. So I packed my car with the kids, dog and fishing gear. I left the Mrs at home as she had a lot to do for her other job (part time travel agent).

Got to the cottage, said "so what's the plans for the day" and I was told "pull the hot-tub from here and out to the deck". :wallbash: So my mom looked after my kids while my dad and I took out a window and small section of wall and in 2 hours all was back almost like we never took it apart. :thumbsup_anim:

We all had some lunch, give my dad his b-day gift and then I'm asked "are you going to go fishing now?" My reply was "well we are her for your b-day so it's your call". I got in about 40 min of fishing and I was rewarded with a 49.5CM walleye for my efforts of the day. The "Magic Grub" worked again! I was all freaked out when bringing the fish in because it fought like a 9LB SMB! I have never had a walleye fight like that before!

I landed it (Bass tourney guy style) as I had no net with me, layed it on my new "slot-stick" and I was happy to see it was right there in the slot to go home for a feed, woohoo!

I did about 10 more casts and decided to head in because I had a meal and I was getting another sunburn. <_<

When I get a chance I'll add the pic to the report (tomorrow).

I'm not sure what my dad appreciated more for his b-day. The gift the kids picked out or the work done around his house/cottage? Either way, I'm beat and ready for a shower, beer and bed. Cheers.

Geoff

WayDaGo Geoff.. I knew that the fishees were waiting for you.. I for sure am amped to get the rest of the dock out , tinny lift & tinny and hit good 'ole 4 Mile with ya too.

Peace Out

The Other 4ML guy