Im no einstein but it worked

vinnimon

I was trying out a few things in the way of drift socks this morning. I needed to slow my troll down at least 1/2 to 1 mph. Yes I could have purchased 2 drift socks but seeing them in use, it would take up valiable space needed behind my boat.

This am I had a brain fart at metro(5am), I asked for 2 eco shopping bags and nothing else besides some water. She looked at me a little odd and i told the quity pie its for the boatbiggrin.gifblush.gif

Anyhoo. I gave it a go,one on each side and it put me to the speed I wantedthumbsup_anim.gif Call me cheap but they workedtongue.gif 2 bucks compared to 100 plus.thumbsup_anim.gif

Everyone told me it wouldnt work, haha!!!!!

Only problem with 5 gallon pains is they sink when you take off and the boat is sluggish until you BLAST OFF and then remember that they were still tied off :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: YES three walll bangs because I know dad and I did this at least 3 times in the past.

Only problem with 5 gallon pains is they sink when you take off and the boat is sluggish until you BLAST OFF and then remember that they were still tied off :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: YES three walll bangs because I know dad and I did this at least 3 times in the past.

at least it wasn't a giant danforth anchor I saw a guy on plane in a 24' cruiser with a anchor skippin across the water behind him it almost hit the stern of the boat a few times before I flagged him down .I've used the white bucket drift socks to .

Any pics of your design? Just wondering where you cut the hole, and how long of a rope you use etc.

Nice idea!

designrofl2.gif , just the way I purchased them. Tied off each handle on a short leash, just to tuck in tight at the corners of the stern. one thing I would to them is tie a tether to the base to reverse the bag while trying to pull it in. But its only 3 to 6 ft away from the boatgood.gif For a buck who carestongue.gif