Some Rainy River action...

Fishing has been real good lately, especially pike walleye and bass.

Here is a few pics from the last 10 days, been getting out lots with the kids and catchin some fishies.

View from morning coffee today. I knew it was gonna be a good morning for eyes.

June042011075.jpg

Lotsa teeth!

June042011080.jpg

Lost the big momma today, this was the next best walleye.

June042011077.jpg

My boys first smally of the season, he's lovin' it!

June042011048.jpg

Catchin these guys like crazy, nice healthy bass

Fishgforopener2011001.jpg

Fishgforopener2011002.jpg

walleyeopener059.jpg

Thats it for now. Time to head back out for some more fishin' action!

Hope all you musky guys are safe and boating some big toothies!!!!

Edited by manitoubass2

Thanks guys!

I'm headin' back out early this am, great conditions once again. I feel obligated after losing that momma walleye, lol.

Awesome news about Lac Seul Simon, thats an awesome lake to fish. I miss it. I used to get to fish there all the time when I worked in Ear Falls. Make sure you let us know how you make out.:clapping:

Edited by manitoubass2

Fishing has been real good lately, especially pike walleye and bass.

Here is a few pics from the last 10 days, been getting out lots with the kids and catchin some fishies.

View from morning coffee today. I knew it was gonna be a good morning for eyes.

June042011075.jpg

I like this picture of the Rainy River!

It reminds me of when i was a boy going now and then for a couple of weeks to Stratton area. I had an aunt and uncle retired from the city and moved to place right on the river.

Whenever i fished off their dock i was a scared little boy thinking i would catch a Sturgeon and lose my fishing rod.

Great fish again and your boy is so lucky to be there. :Gonefishing:

I like this picture of the Rainy River!

It reminds me of when i was a boy going now and then for a couple of weeks to Stratton area. I had an aunt and uncle retired from the city and moved to place right on the river.

Whenever i fished off their dock i was a scared little boy thinking i would catch a Sturgeon and lose my fishing rod.

Great fish again and your boy is so lucky to be there. :Gonefishing:

Thanks for the replies feelas! Much appreciated.

ehg, thats just down the road from me. Some big, very big walleye there, we call it the long soue.

and lol@the sturgeon comment, you had the right to be afraid. I'm sure many have lost rods to the almighty sturgeon, haha

My sons and daughters all love it here, and love fishing. Hopefully this year they can upgrade some PB's! My oldest daughter has a 9lb walleye already that won her the local fishing derby two years ago. One son has a 40" pike under his belt, and my other son already has a 6lb smallmouth!

I can't wait to see them when there a little older, there great little anglers!:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by manitoubass2

June052011019.jpg

June052011021.jpg

Two more nice walleye from later yesterday. I love this time of year.The pics are horrible, but it's tough to get good pics fishing by yourself, lol. These fish were very healthy, and VERY fat. Almost every walleye I caught yesterday had visible signs of lamprey though, hopefully thats not a bad sign? Last year I seen three lamprey, first time in my life. This year, almost every fish has these latch on lamprey marks around the tail and gills. I'm guessing it's not gonna be a good thing?

Edited by manitoubass2

If you put your smoke down it would be easier to smile:D . Nice walleye. Lampreay are a nucience but I don't think the kill the fish?

lol, I'm horrible when it comes to smoking. I focus too hard when I'm fishing, so I don't smoke. Then when I land a fish, it's a race to get a smoke in before wetting a line once again.

I'll try my best to take some smiley pics next time without that horrible habit wrecking the pics:thumbsup_anim:

As for the lamprey, I'm not sure if they actually damage anything??? But, its odd to never see them, them BOOM! They are everywhere.

I've also seen some other minnow size creatures taking nips at the fish near the boat, or near shore when landing a fish??? No idea what they are, but I've never seen those either??? They take tiny little bites out of the fish, and seem to target the gills. They dash in, take a chomp then swim away. I'd be curious to see if anyone knows what those are??? I guess there about 3 inches long, and appear to be silver sided with a darker top, but they swim in and out so fast it's hard to even tell???