Korkers

blaque

I snapped up some new wading boots and they have this new turn dial, ratchet style lacing system. Just turn the dial and the whole boot gets tightened at one time and to lossen it, pull the dial out. Its pretty slick and was curious if anyone has used it over any period of time. Im not sure how long products have had it in use but i know a friend of mine had it on his snowboarding boots like a year ago. Never asked him how well it worked over time so im curious to hear if anyone here has.

korkers.jpg

Ya, thats my worry.......if the "lace" goes its gonna render the whole boot useless. It is basically very thin coated aircraft cable however. We shall see.

It is the same manufacterer (the lacing system) as on my buddies snowboard boot btw. "boq"

What about in sub-zero temps in and out of water? Might need to pee on your boots at the end of the day to get 'em off w00t.gif

Cool system though...always good to hear about new advances in gear and tackle.

It's not unlike what the high-end footjoy golf shoes used a few years back as well. I also think K2 used something similar on their rollerblades. It's pretty cool, and easy.... but if any piece of the internal plastic mechanism cracks or snaps you're outta luck. Check the warranty and replacement process. Also, if the technology becomes obsolete you may never be able to replace them. However, they do look cool.....

What about in sub-zero temps in and out of water? Might need to pee on your boots at the end of the day to get 'em off w00t.gif

Cool system though...always good to hear about new advances in gear and tackle.

lol........i think you may be right. Im thinkin the better option will be to just wear them for the ride home until they thaw. Might get funny looks goin into the diner for lunch with waders on, but its nothing i havent done before

It's not unlike what the high-end footjoy golf shoes used a few years back as well. I also think K2 used something similar on their rollerblades. It's pretty cool, and easy.... but if any piece of the internal plastic mechanism cracks or snaps you're outta luck. Check the warranty and replacement process. Also, if the technology becomes obsolete you may never be able to replace them. However, they do look cool.....

The K2 thing makes sense as that is the snowboard boot my buddy had this system on.

That system is also available for ice skates,recreational only.People that I skate with have them and love them,I was going to by a pair but the boots did conform to my foot very well.

vance

I have some K2 snowboard boats with the cobra system, I think they call it. Their alright , I used them all last season and they tend to loosen up after a run or two, alot of snowboard guys don't like them, I guess simple things like laces are the better. Next year I'm goin back to regular lace up boots.

Edited by Ben_Daniels