MooseHorn Lodge - Chapleau ON

ctdd2006

I know the Chapleau area well...but don't know much about MooseHorn Lodge. I'm looking at booking a week up there with some buddies in September. Anyone ever been there? Accoms look great and price seems great too! I'm open to other suggestions....

I know the Chapleau area well...but don't know much about MooseHorn Lodge. I'm looking at booking a week up there with some buddies in September. Anyone ever been there? Accoms look great and price seems great too! I'm open to other suggestions....

I was up there in July several years ago..I think Roxanne was her name that runs the place. Accomodations were decent. Fishing on their lake was not that great. There was a pike lake about 20 - 30 minutes up the road that was fantastic. Three of us nailed about 100 in a day....No trophies mind you, but a fish every 5 minutes. Don't know if its still like that.

The new cabins are very nice. I didn't like it because they actually have great walleye fishing in the lake the cabins are on but they don't tell you that and get mad at you if you fish there. They want you to drive to the other lakes in the area and save the lake for themselves.

The Wenebegon Outpost camp at Five Mile Lake Lodge was recommended to me. Have not been though, but would like to. It's a remote ATV-to outpost cabin on Wenebegon lake.

Happy Day Lodge is another very popular place. Haven't been there either =(. Tried to book a week a few times, but they get booked up pretty fast.

Ivanhoe lake is a nice lake to fish. There are several boat-to outpost camps- Air Ivanhoe has three outposts and Red Pine has two [i'd go with Air Ivanhoe]. We stayed at the resort at Red Pine. Next time I would go to one of the outposts. Also, this is the only other lake [the other being Simcoe] that I have personally caught true Jumbo Perch, if that interests you.

Edited by FishLogic

The Wenebegon outpost does sound interesting, I think alot of locals are ATVing into the lake too, but it's a good size lake

Happy Day Lodge is on Windemere Lk, we were disappointed with it (fishing wise)

5 Mile Lodge also has a Goldie Lk outpost, train in, no walleye though

we did well at Ramsey Lk (near Bisco), it's called Ray's Camp, good walleye fishing

The Wenebegon Outpost camp at Five Mile Lake Lodge was recommended to me. Have not been though, but would like to. It's a remote ATV-to outpost cabin on Wenebegon lake.

Happy Day Lodge is another very popular place. Haven't been there either =(. Tried to book a week a few times, but they get booked up pretty fast.

Ivanhoe lake is a nice lake to fish. There are several boat-to outpost camps- Air Ivanhoe has three outposts and Red Pine has two [i'd go with Air Ivanhoe]. We stayed at the resort at Red Pine. Next time I would go to one of the outposts. Also, this is the only other lake [the other being Simcoe] that I have personally caught true Jumbo Perch, if that interests you.

we stayed at red pine a few years ago also ,, we didnt like how far the boats were from the cabins ,you basiclly had to drive to your boat with all your equipment,, but i thought the fishing was good there ,we found a nice spot up the river about 5 miles down i guess ,just past one of the outposts and opposite side ,, pulled in small walleye one after another ,and other than the weather that week it was o.k. and the guys would like to go back there .hated the drive on 144 ,