A fab day on the pond

bigugli

From first cast onward twas a great day on the water catching a very wide variety of specimens.

The highlight of the day came only 10 minutes into my morning. I'm talking to some folks walking their dogs, and they are commenting on how they have never seen any fish caught. At that moment, the rod starts to bounce and double over. I set the hook on a log, then it starts swimming away a good 100ft. Adjust the drag a little and turn him then he doubles back to me and races out to Lake Ontario. Finally get her to shore and into the net. She rips through the net as I lift her out onto shore. All the while, Peanut has been diving into the water after the beast. This will be my biggest for the year, and probably my best fight in a long time. Good thing I took my meds before going out :D

DSCN3343.jpg

Kept myself a nice brekkie as well

DSCN3347.jpg

Edited by bigugli

Sounds and looks like a good morning Bruce :thumbsup_anim: Kinda hard to read your tape in the photo but it looks like it was over 38 inches. My first carp outing will be June 11th and I can't wait.

Just a hair over 39" and 26" around.

Edited by bigugli

This is peak time of year for shore fishing must be attached to the big lake there.

Nice carp and those perch are big. You might catch other surprising species over next month.

Sometimes the meds help make things happen. :Gonefishing::canadian: