Two of my favourite fishing videos

GreenCanada

Hey All,

So I have two gems I wanted to bring to your collective attention, if you haven't already heard of them. These get me primed up just before trout season opens and when I need my trout fix.

The first is The Underwater World of Trout series, which is a set of 3 DVD's. It covers Discovery, Feeding Lies, Trout Vision and Refraction, and Not Just Trout.

Wendell Ozefovich is an amazing underwater photographer and the way he describes what he sees (often sounding "scientific") pulls you in. This is not the same as a flashy fishing show video, it really focuses on the habitat and behaviour of brook trout. I find that it has given me a better understanding of their life cycle and "mind set", so it opens my eyes to where they might be hiding. :)

I highly suggest you check out Ozzie's website and see the excerpts from his video on the webpage. You can also order the set for I think $55, or $20 bucks per DVD. http://www.underwateroz.com/

I am in no way related to or associated with the website, I just really enjoy these videos and feel they are among the best I have found. Also, for the resourceful internet savvy individuals, you might be able to find them online somewhere.

The second video I wanted to mention is Eastern Rises. Here is a trailer

This is seriously one of the best made and enjoyable movies I have ever seen. I have tried typing out a couple lines to describe this video and I just can't. I refuse to not do it justice, it gives me chills just watching it. Please, do yourself a favour and watch the trailer and for the internet savvy individual you can find the whole video online. To purchase it and support the film makers it is ~$25 I think. Here is their website http://www.easternrises.com/.

Oh yea, and it won Best Film on Mountain Sport at the 2010 Banff Mountain Film Festival.

I'd be interested to hear what everyone thinks and what your favourite fish/fishing videos are.

That's it for now, I'm going to watch Eastern Rises again...