Finally, my first Carp of the year!

mbosh1980

Well, I've been trying my usual spot for a couple weeks now. I've had a couple soft takes but lost the fish both times.

Today I went from 8-10am after a night shift. 5 takes, 2 well hooked fish on and one landed.

35.75" x 26" - My personal best.

Not 100% on weight but I use an online calculator to estimate- just shy of 30# supposedly. And after having to lift it out of the water I believe it!

It might be a bit of a heavy guess but it was definitely over 25. Really need to invest in a scale and sling as was previously suggested in a different carp post.

DSC08024.jpg

DSC08020.jpg

Switched from a method feeder to an inline bolt rig with 2 kernels of corn and one floating gulp corn on the hair for this outing. I could see some carp feeding in the shallows...very slowly and very deliberately. Might explain why I had so many short light takes.

Friday the 13th rocks!

Edited by Bosh

That's a beautiful, fat, and clean fish. Congrats on your new PB. And thanks for the details about how you caught it. I'm surprised that a simple bolt rig produced where the method feeder failed. And I might just pick up some Gulp floating corn at Bill's this morning- brilliant idea.

Edited by iCarp

Geeze . . .. I'm feelin' kinda left out . . . . talkin' t'under dunders and rain out this way ALL weekend . . .. no way I'ma gonna sit out on some lake shore with a 13' lightning attractor beside me!! BUT, look out NEXT weekend, I'll be unloading my whole arsenal . . .. barbecued carp-burgers for all! These are some damn nice fish being posted. Just wait till the best carper of 'em all comes outta retirement, eh Twilight?

That's a beautiful, fat, and clean fish. Congrats on your new PB. And thanks for the details about how you caught it. I'm surprised that a simple bolt rig produced where the method feeder failed. And I might just pick up some Gulp floating corn at Bill's this morning- brilliant idea.

Thanks. I find the 2-1 rig helps to make it easier for the fish to pick up without really popping it up off bottom.

Oh btw it leaks everywhere like every other gulp alive product. Ziploc bag is a must.