Trailer bearing dust covers NF

stasbrute

Thankyou for thr reply Misfish, I was talking about the metal kind, I saw the rubber ones at the Crappy Tire, maybe I will try those. The trailer originally came with metal ones so thats what I purchased. Do the rubber ones stay put?? are they interchangable??

You mentioned dust covers,which to me, is the rubber covers which mostly are used to cover up bearing buddies.You are talking about the bearing/wheelhub cap. Im thinking you got the wrong size.

Edited by Misfish

Has anyone had this trouble?? packed the bearings with new grease, and when trying to knock the new dust cap(s) on, they pop back off, I am guessing form the air pressure, very frustrating. Is there a secret to this??

Mayby you have to much grease in the hub.Just a thought.

mikdor

Maybe I'm not reading this right but if the cap is going on partly then popping off, I don't think you have the incorrect size.

there's too much difference from one size to another ie. 1.78", 1.98", 2.00", 2.33". OK the 1.98 and the 2.00 are fairly close. I think that it might be the way that you're trying to put it on. If you held the cap centered to the hub and tapped lightly all around until it completly seated...tap through the piece of wood if you must. If worse comes to worst, they're only about $3 a pair. Go out and buy the two closest sizes to what you need.