Some Flatheads For Glen

john vail

They say the bigger they are the better they taste around here. I'll take there word on it.

Around here the larger have soft and yellow meat.They fry up a little tough.I prefer to eat the 12 to 18 inch ones but love to catch the big ones.Very strong fish.

Joe

I've never seen any of the meat. I release everything. Heck when I'm in canada I very seldom keep one. I cut meat all week and the last thing I wanna do on a day off or on vacation is cut into a critter, thats why I don't hunt any more. Yes they are strong fish My biggest so far last summer was 26 lbs and put up a heck of a fight once it saw the boat I'm lookin forward to catching bigger ones.

Glen, I use 10' ugly sticks with either 4500 shamiano baitrunners or 6500 series abu reels with 30lb. p-line, and oh yea, my muskie net.

You done good Chief!!!... usually when somebody tells me they caught a big Catfish aound here and shows me a pic, I ask them if they caught it on a rod and reel... they say no, I caught it on a trotline, jug or limb line. Any knuclehead can catch them that way. :D