hows the fising in the grand

Hi i was jus wondering how the fishing was in the dunnville area?

It was terrible yesterday for everyone I talked to there! Many people got nothing!

We had at least 10 bites - hooked up with 3 cats but only landed one 12 lber - they were biting light!

My 8 year old son got an 8 lb walleye on cutbait and the cat though - funny! Said his knees were shaky. Fish that big take every ounce of an 8 year old's strength to land - like fighting a goliath grouper to them:)

I think there are still lots of cats there. Water was 50º - about perfect.

Landry

We were out yesterday in our inflatable, it was a horrible day. really really slow. In 8 hours fishing we landed 2 which was a miracle when considering what most other caught.

Lots of carp jumping - but didn;t want to bother fishing for them. Since we came a long ways for channel cat action. Anywho, it was an okay day up until 9 am after that the wind picked up and it was just really weird.

We were out yesterday in our inflatable, it was a horrible day. really really slow. In 8 hours fishing we landed 2 which was a miracle when considering what most other caught.

Lots of carp jumping - but didn;t want to bother fishing for them. Since we came a long ways for channel cat action. Anywho, it was an okay day up until 9 am after that the wind picked up and it was just really weird.

I saw u guys. I was in the black crestliner with my son.

Landry

I saw u guys. I was in the black crestliner with my son.

Landry

LOL yeah you probably did, only 2 idiot with a 12 foot bathtub and a 3.6 on ha ha..

Hey it beats pushing that thing with a trolling motor..

Should have taken out the 4 HP but wouldn't have made much of a difference though..

I was down at Wilkes dam in Brantford on the weekend. I couldn't believe how many people were there fishing. Nothing they can catch there are open. They were catching all bass and walleye..Of course with all those fisherman you just know some of them are not live releasing..My question is... I thought it was illegal to target OOS fish? If it is why does the MNR not bother with them?

The water level in the GR is too high now.

Use this site to monitor the level.

http://www.grandriver.ca/index/document.cfm?sec=2&sub1=6&sub2=5

When the level in York drops to 50 - go there. Other than that almost useless, you will be fishing in the muddy and fast water.

I usually go there at the end of May. Always use that site for planning your fishing trip.

i was out there on saturday it was beautiful weather but we didn't catch anything and i didn't see anyone else with any fish -- tonnes of boats

LOL did you see two blokes in a white rubber dinghy :P

I was down at Wilkes dam in Brantford on the weekend. I couldn't believe how many people were there fishing. Nothing they can catch there are open. They were catching all bass and walleye..Of course with all those fisherman you just know some of them are not live releasing..My question is... I thought it was illegal to target OOS fish? If it is why does the MNR not bother with them?

Def illegal to target oos fish. The problem is proving they're targeting them. Throw a worm on a line and you can claim to be fishing for carp or sucker all year long. Anyhow all you can do is call the mnr tip line if someone's keeping. This seems to be an ongoing problem at many dams on the grand...

I was down at Wilkes dam in Brantford on the weekend. I couldn't believe how many people were there fishing. Nothing they can catch there. are open. They were catching all bass and walleye..Of course with all. those fisherman you just know some of them are not live releasing..My question is... I thought it was illegal to target OOS fish?

If it is why does the MNR not bother with them?

Rainbows are open there...