Gil netters on nip already

rides85

Whatever, just let them do whatever they want, we have no say really, and i don't think there is much that can be done to stop them from netting the spawning grounds legally, the band might be following certain practices but i don't think they can legally compel individuals from fishing a certain times, their treaty rights aren't that specific and those treaties trump everything else. Just let them do, not our business.

I read the article and it looks like the native fisherman were poaching defined by the First Nations rules and justice internally was being delivered. They are attempting to police themselves but have a lack of people and funding to do it. When outside sources were requested non was available. It looks like both sides native and non native need to take a part in this to make it work.

Art

FishFarmer is right, Nip used to be the place to go when i was akid now it seems like its empty.\

Its a shame.

Your right bucktail. Nip used to be our yearly trip till they introduced the slot. We had to release every Walleye that we caught and our shore lunch was Perch and Sunfish. At the end of the road in Sturgeon Falls, the slot fish we released were be loaded on reefer trucks going to market by you know who. With this gas thing and scared thing we can't say, I feel for the tourism business.

Isn't our government wonderful. :wallbash: