Report-Pics

TDunn

Since the rivers opened up Ive been watching the flow charts like a hawk, checking the weather channel a couple of times a day and probably put over 200kms on the Highway scouting the rivers as they were dropping. Earlier this week I was able to get up north and was actually lucky enough to land two nice hens while I was there.

75-1.jpg

81.jpg

Now that the water was dropping to much more fishable conditions, I knew the first big push of fish was underway. During the last two days I put sometime in on a trib and found a sweet spot that was holding fish all day! These were all fresh chromers just coming up from the lake. Some were sluggish in the cold water, some jumped! It was an awesome two days with a TON of fish hooked, landed and released!!

3.jpg

10-Copy.jpg

12-3.jpg

5-1.jpg

16.jpg

20-1.jpg

023.jpg

23-1.jpg

Double

26-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

28-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

Bush Whackin!

69.jpg

38-1.jpg

31.jpg

40-2.jpg

42-1.jpg

52-1.jpg

48-1.jpg

44.jpg

49.jpg

54-1.jpg

55.jpg

66-1.jpg

67-1.jpg

39-1.jpg

Now I am packing my gear for a 6am departure headed for southern Ontario. Fishing my first opener so I am looking forward to this weekend and 4 days of pure steelheading!

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

right on man. i had quite the evening on Tuesday not too far from you by the looks of it.

planning on an even better day this saturday with hamilton, steelhead gods permitting...

good luck down south!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Sweet fish!

You're crazy for leaving that to come down here and fish though. :lol:

Despite Superior having beautiful rivers, the wild stock we have has way fewer numbers, many of the rivers only have a few km's of water before the barrier to migration, and we have much smaller fish than Huron and Ontario fish. Typically this time of year I have been on a work trip in Pulaski NY where I have always done well for the different runs in the river at this time of year, and have caught many fish over my PB Superior fish.

right on man. i had quite the evening on Tuesday not too far from you by the looks of it.

planning on an even better day this saturday with hamilton, steelhead gods permitting...

good luck down south!

thanks luc!

haha Im sure you know which river I was on just by the colour!

Good luck to you and jay.....we gotta hook up guys...

Sweet fish!

You're crazy for leaving that to come down here and fish though. :lol:

Haha its not always like that!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

haha Im sure you know which river I was on just by the colour!

I think I do but more based on the size than anything.

I got lost back there once bushbashing (aka chasing a tame grouse) and emerged out of the bush 2 hours later to a VERY concerned and pale face... Jay had made it out to the car and I never showed up... By the time I made my way back out he had already taken a drive to find a phone to call the police/search and rescue etc. Oh the things you do when you're young and foolish.

Way to go Tyler.

Spring has been difficult for me so far.

My last 'great' day of steelheading dates back to last fall in November.

I'm hoping my Pontoon adventures change that next week while on vacation!!!

Keep up the good work.

Those are some sweet looking fish.

I love fishing Superior. Yes they're smaller fish, and yes it's a lot harder than fishing down here. But look where you are! I just find it funny that you're driving down here to fish .... and I'm heading your way.

I guess the grass really is greener on the other side of The Nickel!

Those are some sweet looking fish.

I love fishing Superior. Yes they're smaller fish, and yes it's a lot harder than fishing down here. But look where you are! I just find it funny that you're driving down here to fish .... and I'm heading your way.

I guess the grass really is greener on the other side of The Nickel!

Haha to explain myself.... I received an offer to head south this week that I couldn't refuse!

Good luck on your trip north Craig!

Thanks everyone for the great comments!

Laz keep in touch man!

Edited by TDunn