Hot Tubs

Tinman

Looking at getting one from a friend for free. Its an older one that has to be wired to the house. Have an electrician ready to do it. But my wife is holding out because of the possiblilty of bigger bills. what kind of energy consumption am I looking at in terms of electricity, is it going to make a huge spike in my bill?

This will depend mostly on the quality of the tub.

As with anything you try to get heat to stay into and cold out of, the amount of insulation is the key.

you may save initially on less expensive models but you could end up paying much more.

Find out the make and model of the tub, google it and perhaps you will find operating costs.

Looking at getting one from a friend for free. Its an older one that has to be wired to the house. Have an electrician ready to do it. But my wife is holding out because of the possiblilty of bigger bills. what kind of energy consumption am I looking at in terms of electricity, is it going to make a huge spike in my bill?

My hot tub is about $30 to $4o a month to run and it is running 24/7. Depends on what you want to pay for relaxation and entertainment? Hell I bet you spend more than that at Timmies! Just saying, it isn't going to break the bank. Wouldn't trade mine in! Maybe for a 9.9. Any takers, haha

I had an older one in the house ( 15 years old) and i would say it was at least another $75.00 a month in Hydro for me. The heater eventually went on it, was about $1000 to repair, we just got rid of it. It was a nice thing to have from time to time though.

Depends on whether you run it year round and how hot you keep it. Neighbours spend over 100.00 a month in the winter and 60.00ish a month in the summer. They are in it every day.

Hey there I sold hot tubs and pools for a long time. It depends on what cycle it runs on and a few other things but you can be looking at around any where from 25 cents to $1.50 a day. PM me if you have any other questions if I knew a few more things about the tub I could give you a better estimate of the cost. But I am assuming it's a few years older so it will be closer too a $1.00 a day hope that helps. Again if you have any other questions just message me.

There great till the novelty wears off then there more of a hassle then anything. I used mine in the fall winter and spring months then shut it down and emptied it once the bugs and summer rolled around. I personally find a sauna is better, turn it on when you want to use it and turn it off when your done.

No you dont want to do that you want to use the proper spray foam on the tub that are meant for tubs and pools others foams and that won't hold the heat and you will end up paying out the asshat.gif on hydro. Also not the safest thing with the electrical and pumps, some older tubs can tend to heat up pretty hot. Most likely it's not worth it to even keep because if you took the foam out to change a line who knows whats next and the spray isn't the cheapest. But if you give it a shot do it right thats my advice.

Edited by Live2fish85