Lake trout lures

ssauvain

Little Cleos and J-11 Rapala's are my go to ones in the spring and when I down-rig for them in the summer. I rarely use much else.

Blue and silver combination are my preferred ones.

When those aren't working a white Rapala, any model, does well too for me.

Like what EddyK said, if fishing in open water. Anything with flash, spoons like cleos, williams in silver or silver/blue, even mepps spinners, brass, silver, and chartreuse blades. And J-raps in chartreuse also. Don't forget about jigging for them, white tubes, 3-4 inch on a 3/8ths to 1/2 ounce jighead. For some reason lakers just love them, I rarely fish with anything else in the winter, other than a minnow on a set line, and the white tubes outdo the minnows 10-1 easily. No need to even tip them with a minnow usually, although if you are not getting any hits, put one on. Recently worked for me, wasn't getting any hits on a bare tube, but soon as I put a minnow on, got my 2 within 1 hr.

I've had some pretty good results on Rapalas(floating & deep divers, and rattle raps)

In Blue & silver, black & silver, and perch Pattern in spring.

And I'd second the cleo's & wabblers for sure.....those would be a staple in my mind

I generally don't even try for them in the summer, but if I did....I would probobly keep it the same with the aid of a rigger, or take Tjsa's advice.

Cheers,

also you can use canoe spoons,as well as a 4'' inch twistertail,on the treble hook of a williams woobler,another is the williams quicksilver,spoon another is to jig with a peice of sucker meat or hearing from the supermarket....lakers will take all that i mentioned above and more we have also caught them early in the spring trolling mepps #4 black furys about 100ft behind the boat just under the surface about 4ft down....hope these will give you some ideas....good-luck cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: