Record musky questioned

tonka-toy

If I ever catch a record Ski, for sure I'm keeping it, and I'm going to be famous.

You can all gawk at the pictures, shake my hand at the fishing shows and be jealous all you want. I'll be hood-rich and be hanging out with Miriko Izumi.

You'll only be famous amongst other fisherman, which doesn't really make you famous.

You won't get rich because companies don't throw money at you just cuz you caught a big muskie.

And you don't stand a chance with Mariko.

SO LET THE FISH GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...lol

If I ever catch a record Ski, for sure I'm keeping it, and I'm going to be famous.

You can all gawk at the pictures, shake my hand at the fishing shows and be jealous all you want. I'll be hood-rich and be hanging out with Miriko Izumi.

babahhahahahahaha

AWESOME!

There's a lot more to it than any fish picture will tell.

Finally someone may have let the cat out of the bag and put this story to rest.

A lot of people should be ashamed. Lots have been fooled.

You've been giving the same ambiguous statement for years, gb. Like other guys, I didn't catch it and don't give a rats about the record. But your responses to these threads suck. "I know the truth and one day it shall be revealed..." OOOHHH so mysterious. We only have until Dec.21st of next year apparently, so why not do everyone the favour of solving this mind trap once and for all? :jerry:

Guest gbfisher

You've been giving the same ambiguous statement for years, gb. Like other guys, I didn't catch it and don't give a rats about the record. But your responses to these threads suck. "I know the truth and one day it shall be revealed..." OOOHHH so mysterious. We only have until Dec.21st of next year apparently, so why not do everyone the favour of solving this mind trap once and for all? :jerry:

lol. Ambiguos is good eh... :lol:

I'll let the die hards tell the tail. No one would believe me. :P

If you were to luck into a record muskie, you'd be wise to let her slip back down to the depths. Sure take a pic and measure if you can but let her go. Unless you really need the notoriety and the few dollars, it really is not worth it. Regardless of how honest you were, from that time on, your integrity would be questioned forever.

It's like any other sport or pastime, as soon as money/greed enter the equation, it's dead.

Roy, it's funny you say that. I have a buddy who's been involved in the muskie game for a long long time. He's told me more records have been caught and released then people even know. I've seen some pics of him with a certain other muskie legend and could not believe the size of the fish they had.. If it were ever posted (and it never will be) it would blow peoples minds!!

Check the web site (I found it in 2009) below for:

“Albert McReynolds - His Story

Setting the record straight”

After reading his story, I do not know why anyone would want reveal that he caught a record fish. I think that the previous record holder also had problems.

It is not worth it. But then I do not keep fish. I do the C & R bit. It would be a shame to have to kill a record fish for some glory and many negatives.

http://stripers247.com/Almcreynoldsrecordstriper.php

carp-starter

– some want to become famous, eh?

AS far as I'm concerned, every record Muskie will be discredited until one of the Big shot Muskie Gooroos catches a record fish. Heaven forbid a pickerel fisherman caught a record Muskie!

(There, I said it, now that made me feel better.)

Cheers, Ron...

Roy, it's funny you say that. I have a buddy who's been involved in the muskie game for a long long time. He's told me more records have been caught and released then people even know. I've seen some pics of him with a certain other muskie legend and could not believe the size of the fish they had.. If it were ever posted (and it never will be) it would blow peoples minds!!

There's no doubt our mutual friend has caught ridiculous numbers of large fish. Lazarus is maybe the only other guy I know of who's caught more.

However, knowing him like I do, there's no way he'd ever release a record. Never. :)

There's no doubt our mutual friend has caught ridiculous numbers of large fish. Lazarus is maybe the only other guy I know of who's caught more.

However, knowing him like I do, there's no way he'd ever release a record. Never. :)

Are you talking Marc or Mike here, Mike?

Isn't there just one Lazarus?

My friend is largely unknown, he shuns any type of spotlight.

You're right in that he's low key however, Mike would not keep a record. Neither Mike nor Marc need nor want a hanger. That, I would bank on.

You're right in that he's low key however, Mike would not keep a record. Neither Mike nor Marc need nor want a hanger. That, I would bank on.

I'm not talking about either Marc Thorpe or Mike Lazarus Roy, I'm talking about my friend. I said Lazarus was the only other guy I know who may have caught as many. :P

As I said earlier he's caught ridiculous amounts of large fish and if he caught a record he would keep it.

Edited by solopaddler

Guest gbfisher

Isn't there just one Lazarus?

My friend is largely unknown, he shuns any type of spotlight.

That would only make sense cause the majority do not care or read internet fishing forums in the first place. :)

Lots of Ken Obrien's around I'm sure.

And you definetely don't want to ever post the pictures on the internet cause all the so-called "experts" will tear you apart.

August 27, 2008. I am sure you and Roy got to see it. Terry was pissed at me for taking it down...

Roy, you are correct, let it slip back into the depths....its NOT worth it at all

Guest gbfisher

August 27, 2008. I am sure you and Roy got to see it. Terry was pissed at me for taking it down...

Roy, you are correct, let it slip back into the depths....its NOT worth it at all

You're right there!!!

Making up stories of how it went down is like looking through a piece of glass. :D

AS far as I'm concerned, every record Muskie will be discredited until one of the Big shot Muskie Gooroos catches a record fish. Heaven forbid a pickerel fisherman caught a record Muskie!

(There, I said it, now that made me feel better.)

Cheers, Ron...

Your right their Ron, unless they discredit enough Canadian fish, that it finally ends up back in Wisconsin, where they want it in the first place, Martin Williamsons will be next, and then mine after thatwhistling.gif

I know that you know that he knows that I know that I know that he knows that you know that they know that we know that I know that it's known that those know who he knows that all know that we know that he knows that I know that the Pope knows his dog knows that the cat knows that a lynx knows that the rhino knows that she knows who they know that we know that I know that they know that I know that at least 301 world record muskies have been released by the guy who knows that I know that he knows that we know that I know... :rofl2::w00t: