Cabela's Announces Third Canadian Store

hunting aka open season is august to december for ungulates, predator is year round to most guys, plus scouting and trail camming...hunting accessories are far more expensive than what anybody spends on fishing...hunting and shooting is the way of life, 3k leica spotting scope, 2k binos, boots and clothing, quads, travel trailer or wall tent, gps, rifles, custom rifles, 3k scopes, 5 k gun safe, 60-90 per box of ammo for the wizzum fever everybody is caught up with ha, etc, etc, etc

everybody i know fishes with the basics and nobody comes close to the level of angling diehard-ness as myself and the friends i grew up with....the guys at work see my bow and single rifle and they're amazed that's all I hunt with LOL...but then these same guys I see their hunting room and I'm blown away, everybody has enough to open a small store

as for cabelas selection, I know they do the shipping thing but I like to have something in my hands before I buy it, maybe it's just me but online order is usually last resort, unless it's something I've bought before (shimano reels for example)...my buddy orders a fair bit from cabelas and usually it's alright but there's been a few times where something wasn't right or ended up being on backorder even though it said in stock...that would agitate me, i want stuff now! haha

new boots, rifle fit, clothing, etc is all stuff I want to try and make sure it fits before I buy or go through the hassle of return shipping...that's where I think cabelas loses, at least at the edmonton store...BPS and wholesale sports is better than cabelas IMO, and cabelas pricing is either comparable or way out of line for no reason on some items

I could see one somewhere in the Near North , say ... between Sudbury and North Bay .... It would help revitalize the area , and provide a closer outlet to a whole whack of customers in the north .... I know of a lot of folk who drive from Timmins James Bay,Kap,Hearst and Northern Québec ... 10 + hours to get to BPS ...

It makes a whole lot of cents to me .

Randy .

:)

It actually would make cents to Northeners , I go to BPS at least 3 times a year , that's about 400$ worth of gas , not to mention lunch , a stop at the Candy Shoppe , XXX Video , Jim Borton's , Friskew Farms , and not to mention my time .

My usual spending is about 250$ per trip + 100$ gas , 12$ lunch ( no fast food here ) , 5$ @ Jim Borton's and another 60$ or so at the Candy Shoppe , Concorde Candle Factory and Friskew's ...

It would save me 180$ or so every time ... I'm 3 1/2 hours away ( stop free ) away from BPS , imagine the savings for someone from Timmins or Seneterre ?

We need something up here , other than CTC , Wally*World and boutiques , Mom & Pop operations are great but the variety of stuff isn't the best .