Looking for a good digital scale

dada2727

Well I think it's time to get a new scale. I'm pretty sure mine is out of calibration, and I run a small fishing club and need an accurate scale.

I seen a pretty cool one on Big Bass Battle, that show on WFN, that beeped when it was done getting a weight. This would be perfect so we're all not waiting for the scale to stop moving and just "calling it". I think it was a berkley scale but not sure. Does anyone have one of these scales or know which one I'm talking about?

Thanks

I could make a crack about sellin crack, but I won't. If you are using it at a weigh in, perhaps a grocers scale would be an idea, any used resturant supply house should have one cheap (ish). Just a thought.

If you think it is out, just test it.

There is a thousand way to do it.

5LB bag of sugar,10LB potatoes,40LB bag of dog foodect.

Or a 2 foot piece of heavy fishing line with a loop on each end, go into walmart, find the weight lifting dept and start weighing all the different weights! :thumbsup_anim:

I can't believe nobody has that scale on Big Bass Battle. My scale is done, screen cracked, reads different weights on the same thing everytime I weigh, and screen is difficult to read. All the guys were on me about it, so it's definetly time. Anyways, I guess I'll just keep looking....

I have the scale that you are looking for. It is called the 15 lb Tournament Digital Fish Scale by Berkley Classics. It says that it is the most accurate digital fish scale. It stores, ranks and codes weights of 8 individual fish in memory. I'm writing what it says on the packaging. I can't tell you if it is good or not because I havn't weighed any fish with it yet. It is made for bass though. I just don't believe my old normark 50lb digital scale any more. I use it more for larger speices of fish. Hope this helps.

If you want accuracy, I think the best scale for your money is a chatillon scale.

I got one of these in the mid 80's , lives on the boat, I can put a salmon or trout on it and be within 2 oz of the weighin scale everytime. No it's not digital but it is IGFA certifiable and it still works almost 30 years later, I 2nd the vote Roy for a Chatillon :thumbsup_anim:

http://www.chatillon.com/Our%20Products/Chatillon%20Weighing%20Scales/fish%26game_product/IN_SpecSheet.pdf