March 30th 2011 - Ice Fishing Report

Leecher

I know I had said in my last report that it was my last time out :blush: but on Sunday, me and Paul talked about going back and just could not resist :D Decided that Wednesday was the day :)

Temp wise, it was looking great and a good reason to get out of the office :D The plan was to leave around noon and fish til sunset B)

Wednesday came around, got our gear ready and left around 12:30pm, picked up CPrince on our way up and the way we go..... Got to destination around 2:30pm, temperature was +6C sunny and very mild winds from the East B)

Drove right on the lake..... lots of people fishing, our first targeted spot was busy so we decided to drive across to the honey hole and get setup :good: good call, Paul got a whitie when we just got there then an OOS laker :w00t:

CPrince aka Craig got a couple of hits but could not land them :wallbash: He also got a new specie and personal best (wooden lingker) :lol: I got a strike and that was it on a buck shot..... Oh and a snag that had my heart stop for a split second :lol: Tried Mr Champ, buckshot and Swedish pimple.

No pics this time, just raw video footage of the action we got. It sure was nice to be out fishing in the lovely weather and amongst friends B)

Departure was just before the sun had set over the mountains... bite had turned off :blink: Saw a couple of deers on the road on the way back, took a couple of pics but they were too far into the bush and cannot see them :wallbash: zoom on the camera not powerful enough :blush:

That was around 7:30pm and got home at 9:30pm....

Thank you Paul and Craig for an awesome time :thumbsup_anim:

Here's the video compilation I made....

Enjoy!!!

Leechman

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid732.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fww321%2Fleechman1%2F2011%2FIce%2520Fishing%2520Mar%252030%2FMarch30th2011-WhitieHunt.mp4">

Great report there Jacques :Gonefishing:

Best time for ice fishing, above freezing temps and strong sun. :clapping:

Thanks Erik!!! You bet :clapping:

I'm waiting to see if you make it ice fishing ONE more time.haha. Good video. Cheers.

Thanks Chad!!! As much as I love fishing..... I think hard water is definitely over for me :o Now bring on square tails and cats B)

Theres a Gang of us heading out now ..........Minus Leechman :P:Gonefishing:

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Nuts!!! Good luck Paul :Gonefishing:

good video

looks like lots of good ice for a few more trios to me

Thanks Terry!!! There was a good 20"+ of the black stuff last Wednesday.... It's probably still walkable but not sure about the shoreline :dunno:

I'm sure Paul will give me an update when he get's back today :)

Just got back now....The Lake is still safe for driving on .I did reach a speed of 112 kph on it at one point :canadian::stretcher:

Also some real Beautys landed today :worthy:

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: That's insane Paul :wacko:

Got any action pics to share? :whistling:

Enjoyed the vid and nice music selection :)

Thanks Carole!!! Glad you liked it :thumbsup_anim:

Really great vid :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Joey!!!

The vid is not working here but I can imagine it was nice just from the report. I sure do miss them spring ice fishing days heck we had our ice gone so long I dont remember when it left.

Thanks Mike!!! Those are the days I truly enjoy and makes for a very long day.... cause I just don't want to leave until we just have to :)

AWESOME!!!!!

Always enjoy your reports Jacques...but had to admit when you'd make the leap to 'live' footage.

Great report, and silky editing/production skills (did i just use the word 'silky?...lol)

Thanks Simon!!! LOL yeah raw silky footage is the best for video editing but only available when the fish don't bite my lures :)