Idiot Costs His Buddies $900,000 By Not Having A Fishing License

craigdritchie

A guy fishing in a marlin tournament held in North Carolina last year cost his fishing buddies $912,825 in prize money because he did not have a fishing license.

Long story short: a team of angers fishing from the boat Citation caught an 883-pound marlin, which won the Big Rock fishing tournament back in June 2010. The team was subsequently disqualified when it turned out one of them did not have the necessary $15 license. Tournament rules state that everyone aboard must have a fishing license. You can read more details by clicking here.

The guy without the license, Peter Wann, subsequently tried to sue the tournament to get their lost winnings back. His lawsuit was thrown out of court yesterday (click here for details).

At the end of the day, Mr. Waan not only cost his buddies over $900 grand, but was also fined $35 for fishing without license, plus court costs.

I say this guy has a lock on winning this year’s Darwin award.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Lol that's awesome, I'm happy to see that he didn't get the money. I bet he also made a few enemies lol. I was fishing a tournament a few years ago in Long Point for Bass and some guy was getting checked by the MNR and we talked to them after the one guy only had a conservation license and not a sport fishing license they had to throw some fish back. In his words he lost the tournament because of it lol.

at least he caught an 883 lb marlin + a Darwin award. those are both tough trophies to acquire. Charlie Sheen might call it WINNING :thumbsup_anim:

LOL... and this is even better... "I thought the whole time, that I had a license to begin with, because I couldn't find anything that said I didn't."