Toronto Sportsmens Show

Kawartha Kev

Sorry, but it was last week....and other info...

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/other/outdoors/article359743.ece

Thanks Billy.Something came to mind knowing it was before our event Canadian side. Took the wife one year,stayed at a ritzy hotel,it was free. The show was way and beyond what they have here,even for it,s size. :thumbsup_anim:

A trip to Gander was always a great one. Pick up a gun, have a look and feel how it suits you.God for bid you do that here.They would shoot ya. :wallbash:

Thanks for the reply.

I went down today. It was practically the same show as last year.

My biggest complaint, other then the cost, was the distance between the fishing and the hunting/outdoor parts of the show. It is a good five min. walk each way.

Also, if your going to buy your lunch, buy it at one of the chip trucks outside the show. It's only $4.50 for a hot dog and fries.

I ended up taking my Daughter & Grand kids back to Toronto last night & we decided to take the 2 Grand Daughters today, took the Le Baron coupon & it worked so we saved 6 bucks, we were in the 1st group of kids at the Trout pond & Marley caught 5 or 6, Rowan with help caught 3 she'll be 2 next month, saw Big Jim put on his Seminar which is worth the price to get in, I didn't leave the fishing side but my grand daughters had a blast with the Birds of Prey, Dogs Show, Army obstacle course etc etc, Fishing World & Grimsby's weren't there, had a talk with a bunch of guys I don't see alot

SBK

PS: Grand daughter says we're going back the 1st day of the show next year & Papa likely wouldn't say no, spent money on worse things

I ended up taking my Daughter & Grand kids back to Toronto last night & we decided to take the 2 Grand Daughters today, took the Le Baron coupon & it worked so we saved 6 bucks, we were in the 1st group of kids at the Trout pond & Marley caught 5 or 6, Rowan with help caught 3 she'll be 2 next month, saw Big Jim put on his Seminar which is worth the price to get in, I didn't leave the fishing side but my grand daughters had a blast with the Birds of Prey, Dogs Show, Army obstacle course etc etc, Fishing World & Grimsby's weren't there, had a talk with a bunch of guys I don't see alot

SBK

PS: Grand daughter says we're going back the 1st day of the show next year & Papa likely wouldn't say no, spent money on worse things

Good to hear that the kids enjoyed it. Even if the price is a little high I'll probably hit the show at some point this weekend with my old man.

We went down last night on the GO train from the Burlington station to save a few bucks and the stress of driving and parking my truck in Toronto. For $33.20, I got two return tickets for a nice relaxing ride on the train both ways, arriving at the show at 5:15. Then I got 2 show tickets for $10 due to the $5 after 5 admission promotion. Good deal! good.gif

We rushed through fairly quickly to ensure we saw everything... It only took an hour and a half. The biggest pain is walking from the fishing section to the outdoors and hunting sections. Ater we walked through everything, we went back and did a more thorough sweep of anything we really wanted to see. The show was very similar to past years, but we enjoyed wandering around none the less... I would have been dissapointed if we had to pay the full admission price . wallbash.gif

All in all, it was a fun relaxing night with the girlfriend just hanging out and looking forward to the excitement of the fishing season! If you're still considering going, I would do it just for that... But as long as you're not trying to catch a seminar or something, go after 5!

Cheers!

I was there on Wednesday and though the show was better than last year. Some of the fishing stores weren't there, but there were enough to satisfy our needs. The prices of the latest lures are VERY expensive. Looks like Rapala is taking lessons from Live Action/ Sebile / Lucky Craft and selling lures for over $15.00 - won't be buying any of those.

Yes, there is a walk to the south side but it was worth it, they had grouped the outfitters , hunting and fishing so it was a nice walk to see the dream trips. The Army's display looked great and it has convinced me to take my grandsons next year. That and the fish tank, dog erxhibition and the birds of prey is enough to keep them busy for a couple or three hours.

David aka Superdad

My daughter and Iwent yesterday.. We had a great time watching the dog jumping competition. Into the swimming pool. Parking is 20 bucks. I spent WAY too much money for what we got. Even kids are 13 bucks to get it. In my personal opinion that venu is lousy compared to the convention centre by the airport. Anyway like I said we had fun but spent way more then we should have.

I went today. I thought it was okay, not really worth the price of admission though. I think it has become a bit of a money grab unfortunately. Also, a lot of vendors for completely unrelated products. Some examples, hand warmers, hottubs, sunglasses, bracelets, etc. Didn't see any great deals on rods or gear like previous years.

My dad, grandad and brother and I went today and I thought it was great but we didn't go last year. I got a nice deal on a nice rod and reel combothumbsup_anim.gif and some trigger X stuff. The walk from the fishing to the other stuff is long. And there was almost no fly fishing section like 5 or 10 venders, but I did get a good deal on come Orvis super strong tippet.

I enjoyed the show, and liked that there were tons of kids around the Armed Forces section. I always scratch my head that the fly fishing guys are off in a pretty secluded area, though. I think it would work for them to be with the rest of the fishing stuff.