Heel 'n' Wheel-a-Thon Fund Raiser

irishfield

I don't usually pass these on for Jennifer but considering the spunk and determination this young women of ours continues to show, considering she can't even be positive that she'll be able to walk come June (with no date yet set for removing her Cancerous pelvic bone and hip socket) I just have to try to help her raise as much money for Crohn's research as we can. I'll push her in a wheel chair or on a stretcher if I have to. THANKS, Wayne :)

Dear Supporter,

THANK YOU to everyone who sponsored me last year. Thanks to you I was able to raise a little over $1,800. My team (J Walkers) raised an additional $1,100 meaning we raised nearly 3 thousand dollars.

I will be participating in two Heel 'n' Wheel-a-Thons again this year. First in Barrie (Simcoe County) on June 5th and then again the following Sunday in Toronto with my team of girlfriends.

With everything going on in my life this year I briefly considered doing one of the walks for cancer instead. But the fact is, Crohn's and Colitis are still such unknown diseases and there is just this one walk to raise money for research. We need every participant and pledge we can get if there's ever going to be a cure.

By going to my ePledge page you can watch and/or read "My Story" of Crohn's Disease and learn how it has affected my life. I truly appreciate every pledge, whether you can give a little or give a lot, you're helping me attain my personal goal. And with every pledge, we get one step closer to finding a cure.

I'm walking so that hopefully one day others don't have to go through what I have!

***Above was written by me, the following is added automatically***

This June, I’ll be participating in the 2011 Heel ‘n’ Wheel-a-Thon to raise money for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada (CCFC). The CCFC is a national not-for-profit voluntary medical research Foundation, whose mission is to find the cure for inflammatory bowel disease.

As you know, this cause is very important to me, and that is why I’m asking you to help me out in my fundraising efforts this year. Sponsoring me is easy – just click on the "Donate Now" link below and follow the prompts to make your secure online pledge. An electronic tax receipt will be sent to you by e-mail as soon as your donation is processed.

Donate Now

https://secure.ccfcfindthecure.ca/ParticipantPage.aspx?PID=13536&L=2&CCID=95&GC=GTv2

If you’d prefer to send a cheque, just make it out to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada and send it to my home address that you can obtain from PM'ing Irishfield

Thank you for your generous support. Jennifer O'Shea

P.S. - Anyone is welcome to participate in the Heel ‘n’ Wheel-a-Thon, so feel free to forward this link on to other people you know who may be interested in joining us in our fight to find the cure!

2011 Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada

Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada

600-60 St. Clair Avenue East

Toronto, ON M4T 1N5

Telephone: (416) 920-5035, 1-800-387-1479 www.heelnwheelathon.ca

www.ccfc.ca

• 2 months later...

Okay, I'm gonna bump this one more time as a reminder to those that said they'd be in closer to the date. Well the date is upon us and I'm probably gonna have to live up to my word in the very first post and push her in a wheel chair. She'll be fresh out of a full week of chemo on Saturday afternoon (June 4th) and it's pretty doubtful she'll be able to walk more than a few feet on the 5th for the Barrie event. Hopeful that she can do the whole thing the following weekend in Toronto on the 12th... but we'll have the chair ready there as well.

Thanks to all that have and will donate to this important cause.

Wayne

Pledge link:

https://secure.ccfcfindthecure.ca/ParticipantPage.aspx?PID=13536&L=2&CCID=95&GC=GTv2

Edited by irishfield