So all you Leaf fans!!!

lookinforwalleye

The Leafs bagged another LOSER point again tonight. Do you know that the Leafs never accumulated 100 points until the loser points were added? They are getting ready to break the hearts of their fans again by getting close but not close enough :wallbash: .

They had a good game going until they put the real LOSER in the hemp hut.That guy has cost them wins all season.He should been out to pasture a few years ago.

Well let's see how the season play out, 4 PTS out of a playoff spot with 20 to go is far better than what I was expecting. The key thus far has been Reimer, schenn and grabo. These three have made a beleafer out of me. Let hope the other pieces keep progressing, the Kessle experiment works long term and we get that big puck mover and big center we all know we need.

They are in the hunt for sure!!!

Picking up players that can truly make a difference is a tall order when you see what the talent pool is like these days, to date only 1 player has 40 or more goals and it looks like the NHL may have 1 50 goal scorer this year pretty sad when you consider all the rule changes introduced to help the offensive part of the game.

One of Toronto's biggest problems isn't so much the players but Ron Wilson. I know the leafs haven't got the most talent but Wilson isn't a players coach and when you have young players you need to guide them not just bench them I could understand if he had a team with a bit more skill and experience but he doesn't. But hes Burkes friend so as a leaf fan I guess its just a waiting game like it has been for the past 40 + years lol. An its unlikely that they will make the playoffs but we can always hope.

Honestly I think Burke did some homework. This draft year is gonna be crappy according to the panel folks with no big time shooters in the mix. Even if Boston gets a lottery pick Its not gonna be a Crosby, Ovechkin, etc...

Looks like we are gonna be shoping for a goal again when we thought we had too much goaltending. Monster looks like a washout with his heart, Jiggy is suckin out. Reimer looks to be a lock for the number 1 spot next year, so we will need a solid backup I guess.

I would bet that we will not be drafting those 2 number 1's we have wehn it comes time.

Yea I agree. I think Burke is a great GM. I just don't think Ron Wilson is the right coach for the team. But I got a feeling that Burke will pull the leafs out of this cold streak and have some good years ahead.

I pretty much agree. I like Burke and what he's doing, Wilson, not so much.

Edited by solopaddler