Fishing Shows

manitoubass2

Nothing puts me to sleep faster than a TV fishing show. How on earth do guys spend all Saturday morning watching these things? Honestly - I'd rather have a barbed wire enema.

That put a nasty picture in my mind, but I do agree.

Personally I was thinking having my nose hairs pulled out with pliers would be more entertaining.

Haven't watched a fishing show for a decade or so. Did like Bob Izumi's show and Pete Bowman on Fish 'n Canada.

Always liked Bob Mehsikomer nailing big muskies on Jackpots on Simply Fishing. :Gonefishing:

Maybe if i have time on Saturday morning will check out to see if any aren't like an infomercial.

I'm not a fan of Italos, but did any of you guys ever see the episode where he fished with an absolutely hammered Eddie Shack in the NWT for lakers?

I hate fishing shows but that was freaking hilarious.

"Italo, where's my scotch?!!!"

"I'm not sure Eddie, you just had it a second ago"

"Whoa, this fish is HUGE!! As he stumbles around almost falling out of the boat.

:lol:

All-time favourite line from a Saturday morning fishing show:

"And of course one of the key reasons we're catching these lake trout today is .... my dependable Fram oil filter."

Takes 'jackass' to a whole new level.

You wouldn't be hinting at the "laurel and Hardy" Fishing Show?

Urban Outdoor Adventures...or whatever the fishing show's actual name was. You know the guy, the English dude (Shawn) who's a member of this board. Wish it would come back to TV. Kept trying to win the lure pack each week but never had any luck. Now that was a fishing show the average guy could relate to. :Gonefishing:

I'm not a fan of Italos, but did any of you guys ever see the episode where he fished with an absolutely hammered Eddie Shack in the NWT for lakers?

I hate fishing shows but that was freaking hilarious.

"Italo, where's my scotch?!!!"

"I'm not sure Eddie, you just had it a second ago"

"Whoa, this fish is HUGE!! As he stumbles around almost falling out of the boat.

:lol:

I remember that Mike, lol!

You would probably like if this drunk jackass had a fishing show :lol::Gonefishing:

Just got WFN again after a long absense as it wasn't offered by my provider (Bell IP-TV). They still don't provide the HD feed which is kinda dumb since I think they offer it for their non IP-TV customers. I DVR the following: Big Bass Battle, Classic Patterns, Scott Martin Challenge, Hook n'Look, Getting School'd, Skeeter BassChamps, PTTS, Collegiate Bass Championships, FoF and Lost Lake. As you can tell, I prefer a certain species of fish. lol

The DVR makes ALLLLL the difference in the world. No mighty bite commercials, or other incredibly cheesy commercials. For the shows themselves, I can skip the parts that I don't wanna watch. I can rewind the parts I find interesting. I'd take that barbed wire enema before I'd go ice fishing so I find this to be a very relaxing way to spend a couple hours a week when I have mastery of the remote. Saturday morning I don't have any tv control, so usually it's Caillou and Wonder Pets.

I used to enjoy the occasional Lunkerville and Fishomania and of course FLW Outdoors for anything but king fish. But they don't seem to be on any more.

I don't try to "learn" anything from any of these shows. I'm just turning the brain off and being entertained by people doing something I love since I'm at home on the couch. I find it amusing how some people are so critical about a fishing tv show. Have you seen what garbage and filth is on the toob these days. At least I can watch these shows and not have to be worried my kids are going to come by and see a dead body or young people sexing. I think the critics should relax a little or if they truly think they can do better - go do it. Nothing is stopping you from going for it other than excuses and fear of failure.

Charles

I used to enjoy the occasional Lunkerville and Fishomania and of course FLW Outdoors for anything but king fish. But they don't seem to be on any more.

We're still on WFN Charles. 4 times a week. And our new season begins in April. W're also coming to Mountaln Lake PBS Saturday mornings at 10am starting in April for our friends in Ontario, Quebec, Upstate New York and Vermont.