Georgian Bay

Twocoda

News for Monday February 07 2011

A body has been recovered from deep water in Georgian Bay...

A man and a vehicle went through on Friday between Beckwith and Christian Islands...

O-p-p had called a commercial diver to help them recover the body.... from 120-feet of water.... but apparently some people from Christian Island were able to get to vehicle first...

His name has not been released.

BE careful out there PEOPLE!!!!

I believe his last name is Sandy. He lived on the Island. Sad for sure. His niece and nephew go to my school. We have lost several former students from the island over the past couple years in the waters of Gbay. Be careful. Truck went through in 4 inches of ice. Ice is still bad in some spots.

4" of ice.. what is he thinking.. R.I.P.

Condolences are all that is needed.. no need for the rhetoric.

It's a way of life.. driving across the ice to the reserve and there abouts. Why he was over near Beckwith, only he knows. What I'd really be interested in is how the locals got him out of the truck.

Condolences are all that is needed.. no need for the rhetoric.

It's a way of life.. driving across the ice to the reserve and there abouts. Why he was over near Beckwith, only he knows. What I'd really be interested in is how the locals got him out of the truck.

I was wondering the same thing...the had to be a scuba diver on the island

Very sad indeed

Very sad.

That crossing is crazy though. The ferry runs right beside the ice road for part of the winter between mainland and Christian Island. Its wild seeing a ferry running across the water and 100yrs away, cars/trucks beating it across the ice road.