IBP or BBP

lovetofish

Never fished out of BBP before, just wondering how it is for parking and walking to get out to 80ft + compared to IBP. Walking conditions are probably not much different I would imagine, but any info would be great. Starting to feel these long walks dragging all the gear, not going to let that stop me. Still have yet to catch my first simcoe laker too. Is one better then the other for lakers?

thanks,

lovetofish

There were lots of atvs out today but they all looked to be 4wd. There is some pretty thick stuff out there I saw a few quads bog down a bit but nothing they couldn't power out of. A guy in an older grand cherokee got stuck for about 2 hours but there were about 4 SUVs out there as well. It is soft in places dues to slush on snow but the ice thickness is very good (not great quality ice but lots of thickness).

Hope that helps a bit.

For those walking it is not too bad. Stay on the sled tracks and it is fine.

There were lots of atvs out today but they all looked to be 4wd. There is some pretty thick stuff out there I saw a few quads bog down a bit but nothing they couldn't power out of. A guy in an older grand cherokee got stuck for about 2 hours but there were about 4 SUVs out there as well. It is soft in places dues to slush on snow but the ice thickness is very good (not great quality ice but lots of thickness).

Hope that helps a bit.

For those walking it is not too bad. Stay on the sled tracks and it is fine.

What's the weather like up there now?? We are getting dumped on down here in Woodstock...just shovelled more snow than I did on the "Storm Day" (that turned out to be a joke).

What's the weather like up there now?? We are getting dumped on down here in Woodstock...just shovelled more snow than I did on the "Storm Day" (that turned out to be a joke).

Same here....

Belwood was a slushy mess last weekend as well.

Had to change my drawers as I walked out 25 yards then fell through the half inch crust LOL....

there was an easy 10" of slush under the crust....man I thought I was gonna get wet!!!

But there was a solid 12" of black under the slush.

Ended up going out of IBP. Walking conditions were pretty tuff. lots of loose snow and some areas with slush under the snow. We started in 78 ft of water and starting catching perch.? and in 85 ft of water the same thing.? Never heard of perch being that deep before. Anyone else? No lakers or whities. Fished from 7:30am to 6:00pm.