Simcoe Hut Rentals

addy79

Hi all,

A friend and I are planning to hit the hardwater this weekend (we're newbies to icefishing) and were looking to rent a hut on simcoe, preferrably somewhere between Gilford and Lefroy.

Any idea who I can call for a hut rental??

thanks for the input!

adam

Adams rental hut is real close to mine. I got a few whitefish and a bunch of perch (strange not the norm) in our hut so far so you should have some action.

Good luck

Hoppy

thats great news Hoppy!! thanks for the much needed confidence booster!

were you using jigging spoons or jig head n minnow?

Good luck Addy. I usually book with Adam's Dad Terry who has his huts set up for perch. Pretty sure Adam has his huts deep for lakers and whities. Go get 'em!

Terry used to do the deep water and always did well.Might of gotten a bit much for him after the years.He moved the huts all the time to be on fish.

Tip up and 3way spreader & williams spoon

Hoppy

Hoppy,it,s been many years since I used a spreader tipped with minnows.I did use the three way, then went to solid wire 4 way.Tip two hooks in the head and the other two in the tail.

Dont be afraid to use a mister champs aswell.Silver with blue prizm.

Good luck

So we ended up fishing on simcoe at the 9th line. rented a hut from Adam Goy, great guy! drove us out to our hut, which he had warmed up for us, set us up with bait, and gave us some useful pointers as were pretty green to fishing the hardwater. We were fishing in 93fow. not much action all day long, did manage to land a perch 90 feet down! didnt think they went that deep. Adam says the patterns have been strange this winter, he believes its cause the herring are starting to make a re surgence in the lake. we did notice that HUGE schools of fish started to show up on our sonar at around 3:30pm, we were anticipating some action at that time, but before we knew it, it was time to head home.

all in all, adam was a great guide. we will be back to give it another shot in a couple weeks.

JEEZ! fishing the hard water is tough...