LMS-334c iGPS or HDS 5? Please HELP!

Jackie

Hey Guys,

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! lol...random...anyways...

SO I decided to get myself another toy for the Chinese New Year... :whistling: ...I will be using this fish finder on the trolling motor. I was able to find a pretty good deal between a LMS 334c iGPS (which I already have, and now maybe buying another one?)and the HDS 5. I have read enough reviews between the 2, and of course, there are bad comments and good comments on both as always, which make it really hard to decide which one to get :wallbash: Other than these 2 units, I also looked into the newer Elite/Mark series with Down Scan Imagining. The thing I don't understand with the Mark 5x DSI and the Elite 5x DSI is whether the unit is capable of viewing both traditional imagining and DSI.

Any input would be appreciated! :clapping:

Cheers,

Jackie

Jackie,

The Mark 5 and such units are only Downscan imaging only. They wont switsh. If I were you I would go with the HDS-5 as you can add structure scan and the traditional sonar all in the same unit. You can also network the 334 into a nema syatem if you wanted to. Give me a call tonight and I will explain it all to you.

Jackie,

The Mark 5 and such units are only Downscan imaging only. They wont switsh. If I were you I would go with the HDS-5 as you can add structure scan and the traditional sonar all in the same unit. You can also network the 334 into a nema syatem if you wanted to. Give me a call tonight and I will explain it all to you.

YUP...sounds right to me too Jackie

The Elite5 will not work as a trolling motor mount the transducer is long and skinny. The Hds 5 will and if you add the lss1 you will mount the separate transducer on the back of the boat. You will then have a 83/200... LSS1 455/800 MHZ to chose from as a networkable unit that can add gauges and a hds 7/8/10 unit as the main in the future.

Art