Lake Simcoe whities - Jan 30

icefisherman

Well,

what a difference having good fishing budy with a snowmobile makes :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for Cityfisher we've had one of those great days out there that more than make for my walking nightmares from week ago.

Started early...wasted the first 3 hours with nothing to show for, not even a sniff....not giving up that easily moved to plan B...and it was "the plan" as we got them big time...both got limit quickly and decided to put up a small clinic for a 7 year old Russian boy and his father fishing close by...got to love the smiles and fire into the kids eyes every time I called him over to reel in the next moster from the deep :clapping:

He got quite good at it at the end...

75 fow today was the right dept

Meegs was the killer lure today, almost all fish were caught on it....

Must have got 7-8 whities and probably missed that many more....fun all the way for sure...

Here is Citifisher's first one:

photo1.jpg

While he was all toasty inside the hut and paying his duties to the fishing Gods (left few lures under the ice;-) :rolleyes:

I was having fantastic time not far from him....getting the russin boy to run (and fall in the snow) and run again to come reel in yet another fish was priceless.

Here is him at the end:

photo2.jpg

His father was very happy...and I wish my boys were there,...oh well...did I say I am going to buy a new snow machine to make sure they do come for the whities show with me....yep....soon... :thumbsup_anim:

Maybe this season that started not so well will finally get into more familiar tracks :Gonefishing:

Anyhow...time to fillet them and there will be smoker time tomorrow :clapping:

Thanks again for the ride Citifisher, enjoined the day and we've got to do it again...and get ready for those summer kings on Lake O.....but make sure you change your line....your current one will not do it ha ha ha :worthy:

:whistling::thumbsup_anim:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Learned today:

• check your leader and check it again.... The first fish tested it for me and now owns my prized green meegs.
  • My snowmobile makes ice fishing so much better than years ago when i used to walk !
  • While Emil passed on joining me in the heated Clam :dunno: , I could of not done the same !! Gotta love the clam and my little buddy heater. I did probably spend half the day outside the hut enjoying the -15 and Clear Bright Sun BUT still nice to close her up and heat up for a bit.
  • Seeing that boys face while fighting that whitefish was awesome! He nor I will forget it!

Great Day Emil! It was a Pleasure to spend the day chasing whities with you.

nice catch glad you found em today .. i came home smelling like the good old black and white striped road rat....

moved all over the map from innisville to long shole.. they seemed to have moved from last week ...

always tomorow .. great to see some one making a youngsters day . hatts off to that , way to go man . Something this young man will remember for the rest of his life ...

cheers and tight lines...

Some good size fish on the ice!

Nice report Emil, you deserved a good day out there after last weekend!

How long before its safe enough to drive out?

Well Brian,

not sure we we ever get enough ice for driving....just too much snow on the ice and too much slush despite the super cold temps recently...so we'll have to wait and see but doesn't look to good right now for a car/truck drive any time soon .

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Well Brian,

not sure we we ever get enough ice for driving....just too much snow on the ice and too much slush despite the super cold temps recently...so we'll have to wait and see but doesn't look to good right now for a car/truck drive any time soon .

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

+1

After we trekked around in the sled all sunday and going through enough slushholes that almost slowed us down to a stop. It might be a tough year for ice driving.

** Doesn't effect me though since Ive retired for driving vehicles on the ice :good:

Well Brian,

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Well, hurry up and buy a sled!