Beer on the ice?

cram

Because most who drink do stupid things including driving atvs or snowmobiles drunk... People on this board may have self control and common sense, but there are MANY people out there who aren't

Alcohol makes people do really stupid things and from what I see day in and day out there are a lot of good people who become absolute idiots when they drink

good.gif

1 in 10 people have a drinking problem.Many,a serious problem.Thats alot of people.Not all who drink, drive.But if 1 in 10 do!!! I mean look around.There are alot of people around you. Thats why LAWS exist. To control those people, not us.whistling.gif One bad apple.....whistling.gif

so ya have the right ta bare yer arms and drink yer beers.YADDA YADDA YADDAwhistling.gif

Keep it up and I'll come up there to fish, drink some Canadian Beer and shoot you in the foot as the Ambassador of Lancaster so you can't have me arrested... :rofl2::devil::rofl2: ...now you wouldn't be able to steer your foot controlled bow mounted trolling motor on your new boat come spring... :whistling: ...you will only be able to go around and around in circles.... :wallbash::rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Keep it up and I'll come up there to fish, drink some Canadian Beer and shoot you in the foot as the Ambassador of Lancaster so you can't have me arrested... rofl2.gifdevil.gifrofl2.gif ...now you wouldn't be able to steer your foot controlled bow mounted trolling motor on your new boat come spring... whistling.gif ...you will only be able to go around and around in circles.... wallbash.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

RRRR BILLY BOB !!!!!!!!!!Thems fightin wordsmad.gifrofl2.gif My bow mount is hand controlledtongue.gif

Yup

I know you (unfortunately) get to see some of hte uglier situations life has to offer (and likely less than pleasant people), but come on man. I think you'll find most people are pretty responsible.

If you ever see me at a bbq or something with a beer in my hand, please don't think i'm a likely criminal.

Edited by cram

I like how the topics at the top of the forum are currently: "Fights on Ice" and "Beer on Ice"

What's really sad is when you have a crew of friends on the ice and you're fighting over the last beer. :D

Honestly, my alcohol either stays at my place or a bar etc. After what I've seen and have been trained as a breath tech I don't drive when I drink...you may not want to believe that, but I enjoy my life etc. Remember you can be charged and convicted of impaired driving without blowing over the legal limit. Last year a 60 yo woman was convicted of impaired driving causing death and she blew .06mg/100mL...

Honestly, my alcohol either stays at my place or a bar etc. After what I've seen and have been trained as a breath tech I don't drive when I drink...you may not want to believe that, but I enjoy my life etc. Remember you can be charged and convicted of impaired driving without blowing over the legal limit. Last year a 60 yo woman was convicted of impaired driving causing death and she blew .06mg/100mL...

Who said ANYTHING about driving? I walk out to my spot.

I NEVER drive impaired.

I do sometimes enjoy a beer or two on the ice, at bbqs, sporting events, and other such social engagements.

Quite an enigma.

Funny I quit drinking for my own reasons approx 4.5yrs ago, I could never go out on the ice without a case and now I dont miss having it out there but I can say I many of times talked myself into driving home when I should have not, just me if you are drinking on the ice thats cool, please dont drive your sled or car, walk if you need to or get a dd to come with you, like me lol anyways I have two kids out with me a sitting in my shack I have bin almost creamed a few times over the last couple of years in broad daylight by people who had a few to many, so like anything just play safe

Im sure the outfitter you are staying with (if u are staying with 1) will be able to give you the lowdown before you even head out to your hut!

Thats been my experiences anyway. Ive had my fair share of beer out on the ice and have never been ticketed or warned for that matter. Politeness and Responsibility goes a long way!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

You can't drink in your ice shack

The MNR isn't always right you know! If you want to know the answer, ask a judge or lawyer.

This past weekend, they threatened to charge a man on a nearby lake for sitting in his camp with a tipup out front. Apparently the CO needed to be reminded of the language of the law which states:

"Two lines may be used for ice fishing except in a limited number of waters (see the exceptions for the Zone in which you are fishing). You must be within 60 m (197 ft.) at all times of any line or tip-up you are using when ice fishing and you must have a clear and unobstructed view of the lines being used at all times."

This means that you are fully entitled to sit in your warm camp as long as you can see your line clearly and it's not beyond the specified distance.

It's just an example, but it goes to show how they add their own overzealous spin to the legislation.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Carry the regs, and ask for the specific legislation they are issuing a fine based on. Some of them are as full of misconceptions as some anglers.