Laker fishing with a new friend Gord aka 'OldMan'

limeyangler

Hi All,

Met up with Gord...who goes by the alias 'OldMan' on OFC. After a whole host of reasons and excuses we (Tyler, Carmon and meself) got there at least an hour late. Somehow we managed to rocket past Gord who was already set up pretty close to where we came onto the lake and set about covering the whole lake (first time I’ve been there) looking for him.

After 15 minutes we decided that he had either never made it or packed up and left. So I told Carmon to set up while I just quickly went to look for the trail in from Dinorwic from whence monsieur Gord had come onto the lake. I found the trail and there was a set of fresh tracks coming onto the lake. I followed the tracks back almost parallel to our tracks in and low and behold...there was Gord's shelter....HOW THE HELL DID WE NOT SEE HIM.....WE WERE THAT CLOSE HE HEARD US BLAZE BY(I use the term 'blaze' for effect....my sled don’t blaze anywhere with Carmon's fat arse on the back plus a 3 man otter!).

Anyhoo...I sat in with Gord...Carmon and Tyler in another shelter. Gord....great guy! Very easy going....outdoor enthusiast.....top fisherman.....hope he invites me out again!

Fishing was slow...Carmon got the 2 biggest, Gord got one about the same size as Carmon's and I got the quantity as opposed to Quality. All in all 5 trout landed in the 3 hours we were there. We had a few issues with the fish finders which was frustrating. My Lowrance and Gord's vex worked pretty issue free side by side in his shelter, but as soon as Carmon 40' feet away turned on his X67c...TOAST!

Most of the fish came racing off bottom to grab white tube and bucktail jigs tipped with live minnows. We were in 63'-56' FOW. Weather was pretty foul, what’s new.....lol.

Gord is a great guy, easy going and good company, never felt like we had just met. We caught some decent supper size fish and had some banter about gear and other lakes.

HERE'S SOME PICS AND VIDEO FROM THIS MORNING

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1g_Y7lNceg?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1g_Y7lNceg?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1g_Y7lNceg?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

GORD WITH A NICE LAKER

P1240149.jpg

NICE COLOURS ON THESE FISH

P1240148.jpg

excellent report !!! This forum is an aamazing place. We meet great people and make great friends.I will be meeting Albert(HTHM) shortly. He is passing through MTL, and we will be dining together tonite. Not fishing, but maybe next timeGonefishing.gif

Paul

Had a great time Simon. :thumbsup_anim: Trust me everyone, it's amazing to watch him catch and reel in a fish while taking a video. If that was me, my camera would be down the hole in a few minutes.:oops:

After I got back home, I went and broke a trail into another lake. You'll have to come out my way and give it a try sometime soon.

Surprisingly the Vex and the X67c worked okay side by side, we only started having trouble when Carmon turned on his X67 in their shelter. I do love my Vex, but after seeing and fishing with Simon's X67c, I could be a convert.

PS. I don't know who that old gray haired guy is that you were fishing with, that definitely can't be me.

Edited by Old Man

excellent report !!! This forum is an aamazing place. We meet great people and make great friends.I will be meeting Albert(HTHM) shortly. He is passing through MTL, and we will be dining together tonite. Not fishing, but maybe next timeGonefishing.gif

Paul

Yup met some wierd and wonderfull folks on here, Old Man fits both catergories....lol...just kidding.

Must be an old laker..it's very wrinklytease.gif

Oil of OLAY anyone?

Boy, Gord could pass as Beans twin. dunno.gif

Love yer reports Simon. You sure know how to rub it in .

Question.Did you find any interferance with the vex and your depth finder?

Thanks for sharing.Truely enjoyed. good.gif

Nope, a few adjustments needed at first, but our units were only 2' feet apart and worked fine, it was only when Carmon turned on his X67c that it all went to hell.

Had a great time Simon. thumbsup_anim.gif Trust me everyone, it's amazing to watch him catch and reel in a fish while taking a video. If that was me, my camera would be down the hole in a few minutes.oops.gif

After I got back home, I went and broke a trail into another lake. You'll have to come out my way and give it a try sometime soon.

Surprisingly the Vex and the X67c worked okay side by side, we only started having trouble when Carmon turned on his X67 in their shelter. I do love my Vex, but after seeing and fishing with Simon's X67c, I could be a convert.

PS. I don't know who that old gray haired guy is that you were fishing with, that definitely can't be me.

Dunno who the grey haired dood is either....he was trying to steal your trout though!

Ok...now you have me intrigued...breaking trails into another lake on yer way home...hmmmmmm...i think you need to PM me Gord...dont you?