Taylor Hall gets rocked by Drew Doughty

ctranter

Saw this on Sportscenter this morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2al3rQx9FU

Wow what a bone crushing hit, perfectly clean shoulder to chest. Welcome to the NHL kid! What I don't understand, is why teams are allowed to just drop the gloves and dogpile on someone after clean hits like this. I understand if your captain gets taken out by a dirty play, or in this case your future superstar you have to stand up for your team mates, but this is just getting silly. Best hit of the season for sure

Saw this on Sportscenter this morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2al3rQx9FU

Wow what a bone crushing hit, perfectly clean shoulder to chest. Welcome to the NHL kid! What I don't understand, is why teams are allowed to just drop the gloves and dogpile on someone after clean hits like this. I understand if your captain gets taken out by a dirty play, or in this case your future superstar you have to stand up for your team mates, but this is just getting silly. Best hit of the season for sure

clean hit or not this has always been the way hockey has been played,when someone hits the supertar someone has to stand up for him to suggest not to do it again you don't stand by and let your best players take hits like that ,Gretzky had Semenko patroling so not to get smoked like that.

Edited by bowslayer

That is a beauty hit. Nothing illegal good hard body check he got caught. I am huge Doughty fan after watching him play junior here in guelph. One of those players you knew was a special talent and going to be a great NHLer.

Protect your stars. Couple of good reasons. You lose a star and there goes your cap. But more importantly you want your stars to be able to do their thing uninhibitedly.

That was something we learned way back in Peewee hockey. Why else have the bruisers on the roster - to protect the coach?

On the other hand Doughty was doing his job too. I still remember a few times when folks were appalled that someone took a run at Gretzky but why should he be sacrosanct? But don't you love the stars who can take care of themselves - give it and take it? There have been a few.

JF