Sunday Report - No pics

Headhunter

Hooked up with FishnSled and his Dad on Sunday for some Simcoe Perchin. Left T.O. at 5:30 Sunday moring, arrived at FnS's Dad's place in Sutton at around 6:45 for our 7:00am meeting.

After a quick trip to the bait shop for a scoop of minnows, we were off to "one of the beaches" near Sutton. Our first set up was in about 10- 12 ft of water. Both Will and his Dad were runnin minnows and me, my ever faithful jiggin Rap and Berkley power grubs. We caught five dinks fairly quickly and then nothing for about half an hour. We decided to head out to deeper water and made our way out to a group of huts on the far side of Georgina Island. Plenty of ice, 12 to 20 inches depending on where we drilled. No snow left on the ice, which made walking an interesting time! FnS had his snowmobile and he and his Dad would run up ahead of me, while I walked out. (or should I say slid out!) After agreeing on a spot, FnS would run back (slowly) and pick me up and run me up to our spot. Well, after an hour here and an hour there, we decided to begin to work our way back... as we had not had a bump since our first spot, earlier in the morning.

We probably stopped half a dozen times, drilling three holes, trying to find water holding fish. As we approached our first spot of the day, we agreed it would be our last of the day as well! Small schools of fish would pass through the area. so we would get 10-15 minutes of action, then the same of inactivity.

Wrapped it up at 4:00pm with a three man total of around 60 perch. Mostly dinks, but Will's Dad, got to keep about a dozen for dinner, so it all worked out well!

Thanks again FnS for allowing me to hook up with you and your Dad! Had a great time, walked a ton (got my exercise) and as your Dad said, we got out, we laughed and we caught fish! Does it get any better than that?! :Gonefishing:

HH

The bite was very slow and unfortunately we never got into any jumbos. But the company and the laughs sure made up for the size of the fish. It was a great day on the ice. I really wished that the winds would have picked up a bit more, that might have turned them on more. :rolleyes: I'm surprised we lasted as long as we did with only 5 fish by 2:30ish you'd think we'd pack up and call it a day. It was my Dad suggestion of hitting out starting point one the way in. That certainly salvaged the day. :thumbsup_anim: After getting home last night I parked the sled for what will most likely be the last trip of the year. I looked at the boat and it's like it spoke to me and said it's time to get me ready. I almost started to unwrap it! lol Soon.....very soon. Thanks again HH for sharing another great day.

FnS... the pleasure was all mine! I thought for sure, that when I got home about 4 hours later than expected, the Warden would have prepared her dinner specialty... "hot tongue and cold shoulder" but she's mellowing with age and just chocked it up to boys will be boys!

I'm thinkin one more trip, if the ice on Cooks holds up.... I still don't have any perchies resting in my freezer! :whistling:

HH