Billy Bob

Ontario Hunting/Fishing licenses

I renewed my license online jan 1st.

it took about 5 minutes to do including printing it off.

now im good to go! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by skeeter

i just came back from virginia and it is a snap to do .. go to the store and buy licence 36 bucks for a year of freshwater fishing... if you loose your lic . you go on line and print a new one .. and ever deer turkey or bear that is shot is checked in via the phone or a check station . they know how many deer were shot and in what county ... there system is far far supioror than ours

Another Government program privatized... price should go down by letting someone that knows what they are doing run it, but you watch it will go up!

Gee.. I wonder if I'll be able to actually use on-line licencing now and it will know what to do with an apostrophe...

We caught the Americans spying on us for credit card #'s on our politicians thanks to wikileaks so we go and give them the card #'s of everyone that gets an outdoor card in Ontario with a credit card. That should make it easier and less embarrassing for them .

Irish, I think the program was privatized way back when they introduced the outdoor card, they're just changing co. Isn't that why you can't get a license at the mnr.

It's about time Ontario got out of the stone age with fishing licence purchasing. They are definitely behind the times. I don't blame the OMNR with a severe lack of manpower and proper funding. My wife purchased a fishing licence at CTC early last year and didn't get her card until about November. Brutal. Hopefully things will continue to improve with the new system.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Kingston area eastern Lake Ontario salmon/trout fishing

I used to run 27' boat out of Whitby trolling for Lake Ontario salmon and rainbow trout each summer, and I have been missing it. I moved just north of Kingston a dozen years ago and have concentrated on back lakes bass since then. When I was in Whitby, I could tell you exactly what week the salmon would appear, in what locations and at what depth the best fishing would be. Seldom got skunked if the fish were around. I am thinking of upgrading my 14' tin boat to something that could han

in General Discussion

• What type of fish to go after in Lake Ontario near Kingston's shorelines?

What type of fish are present in Lake Ontario near Kingston's shorelines (more specifically from Collins Bay to Millhaven area)? Last time we went out (several hundred feet from shore off of Nicholson's Point) the fish finder picked up several fish down between 15ft - 40ft of water (and also what appeared to be possibly schools of bait fish, or random debris?). I'm wondering what type of fish are present to this area? And at depths up to 60 feet of water?   Has anyone here fi

in General Discussion

• Southern Ontario Bass Fishing

Hello everyone, I recently moved to Toronto from Winnipeg for the summer. I'm an avid bass fisherman and have been doing my research but would love some input from everyone. Does anyone have suggestions on bass fishing locations within a couple hours of Toronto that are accessible to fish from shore? Thank you!

in General Discussion

• Bass shore fishing southern ontario

I'm looking for great bass fishing spots, smallmouth or largemouth, that are on a shore as I have no boat. Specifically within 1.5 hours outside Toronto. I usually go north from Toronto to get away from Lake Ontario where the fish are cleaner and safer to eat. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

in General Discussion

• Season or limit for White Bass in southern Ontario?

Going to Windsor this weekend with a friend for my first time fishing for White Bass.  I cannot find anything on the government website on white or silver bass.  Their possession limits, seasons, etc.  Nothing.   The Detroit river and that area are Zone 19.  The gov. document doesn't list white or silver bass as a species ... not in just Zone 19 ... but not anywhere in the full document.

in General Discussion