Fished/Filmed with Bob Izumi !!!

Stoty

I don't think anyone could argue that Bob is the goods. In 10 years of working with the guy I never once saw him as anything other than a complete and total class act who would often go out of his way to help others. Most people have no idea of how much time (and money) he gives up to help different charitable groups all over Canada - often anonymously. Bob, and Wayne, are two people I will always have nothing but complete and absolute respect for.

Most TV show hosts only take, take, take. It's all about how much money they can make and how much free sponsor crap they can stuff in their garage. How many other TV hosts give their own money back to help fish habitat projects for everyone's benefit? Bob and Wayne, through their Fishing Forever Foundation, have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years to fund all kinds of community fisheries improvement projects, and I can tell you that a good chunk of that cash came out of their own pockets. I hope the mods won't mind me mentioning that you can learn more (or make a donation yourself) at www.fishingforever.ca.

Bob Izumi is awesome. Stoty, I'm sure you had a great time with him and I hope you have the pleasure again. We should all be so lucky as to spend a day on the water with a guy with that kind of character, and who can catch big fish with that kind of consistency.

Wow, I didn't know that he was that involved with various groups! That's amazing, and definitely a true representation of his character!

If you ever get a chance to see the episode of Craig and Bob steelheading with gummi bears and assorted other baits, don't pass it up. I nearly fell off the couch laughing during the part where Craig finally lands a bow in the spot where he never had before!

On a more serious note, Bob and Wayne have always "put back" into the fishery. One of the few that I've watched from day one.

Good for you, Jamie!

Nice job, must of been lot's of fun. Not that guides aren't great but I wish he did more solo fishing trips out on the ice rather than all the loges and guide service trips.

Thanks for sharing,

MTBF

Mike as you know Bob is an accomplished angler and he could shoot a number of shows by himself, but thankfully as others have posted he gives back to many groups. That includes fishing guides, which in turn helps their business. I was fortunate to film with Bob for Lake Erie walleyes back in 2004 and in 2003 shot with Pete Bowman on the Detroit River for spring walleyes. Both are a lot of fun in the boat.

I know that some years ago, Bob was fishing with a friend here. The friend just happened to mention that it was his son's birthday. Bob insisted that he drive 40 miles (miles not KMs) out of his way, 80 miles both ways to visit with the boy who was 12ish at the time. Bob was the kid's idol. When Bob knocked at the door, the kid answered and when he saw the Zoomer his jaw dropped. Bob left him some stuff, wished him a happy birthday and left as suddenly as he had arrived. I always had respect for the dude....today I have more.

... How many other TV hosts give their own money back to help fish habitat projects for everyone's benefit? ...

Well, there is one man, who is "loved" by so many on this board.

Mr Darryl Choronzey

Darryl and Bob have done more for the fishing industry than what the rest of the industry has done - combined.

That sounds like an awesome day or 2 of fishing. I only met Bob once, at a sportsmans show, but he was super nice, and made time for everyone who wanted a word with him. I am a big fan of his show, he is one of the few fisherman on TV who dont try to make a 2 lb bass seem like a 6 lb bass! He seems like a really genuine guy, and from what the other members have posted here obviously this guy has made a good impression on most of the people that he has met!

I had no idea that he was so involved in the charity work though, usually if a TV fisherman is involved in charity work, they do nothing on their shows but pump themselves up because of it, definitely another credit to Bob's character that he doesnt go around flaunting and making himself out to be a hero, even if he really is!