I'm Ready For Ice Fishing :)

Leecher

I just got back from my favorite store and purchased some additional stuff for my arsenal :) As if I needed it like my wife always says at this time of year :rolleyes::lol: Yes I do dear :angel::lol:

Was able to pickup a box for my spinnerbaits I made B)

DSC04510.jpg

DSC04511.jpg

Lots of room left for some more :P

Now onto the good stuff for the up coming season.... well I have basically most of the stuff I need but there's always some additional items that once I glance at them.... it's a must have :lol: Not the most expensive but will compliment very nicely with the stuff I already have :)

First item to make the voyage to the cash register was a container of Gulp Alive 1" black shad minnows, then a package of Mustad hooks Octopus beak in size 4 ultra point, then a container of salmon eggs garlic scent and last but not least, some leader tying material, a spool of Trilene cold weather 12 Lbs mono in blue :)

DSC04514.jpg

DSC04512.jpg

Now I'm all set and ready to go B)

I still got to make the leaders but that won't take too long ;)

What about you.... are you ready???

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

I LIKE THE 1" minnow gulp

I don't use spinnerbaits too much in the winter unless I get to Florida

I am about as ready as I am going to get

Yeah the 1" minnow Gulp are going to be lethal I think.... first time they make an appearance on the shelves and I noticed them :whistling::lol:

As for the spinnerbaits.... I don't either :lol:

What are you going to be targeting next Terry?

Status says 1 1/2 days to go :P

Leechman

I will target perch one or 2 more times

I might have to figure out how to hook into some ice-carp

come Jan 1 it's lake trout and whitefish

and I bit of walleye fishing

Carp on ice would be awesome Terry B) I guess chumming with corn will be next on your to do list next time out eh?

is that the one that is something like a rattletrap type bait..if it is I think there are times it could really draw in fish

Yes it is!!! First time seeing those too on the shelves in the ice fishing section :D Lots of different color patterns.... I think we should look at Ben Beattie's post and get what he was using for them monsters he caught :whistling::lol:

I know Frankie!!! I just can't wait any longer "insert shaking emotion here" :lol:

You betcha!! I'm with Bill and Terry, those Simcoe lakers/whities are calling my name. Hoping to get out opening weekend, ice permitting!!

Also looking to get out once or twice next week on my holidays!

I like your spinnerbaits. I have a couple of spinnerbait boxes, but I picked up a binder instead last summer. I much prefer the binder since it's more compact and has a better shape for storage.

Thanks FishLogic!!! Yeah those spinnerbait sleeves would be better for storage but I didn't want the skirts to get squished while being in storage over the hard water season :)

I got all my hard water gear prepped today.... I was going out this morning but the North Westerly winds was too brutal :wallbash: tomorrow looks better wind wise so I'm heading out for sure B)

DSC04607.jpg

Leechman