Late Night Fishing Report

EC1

Went out again Sunday night after doing terribly Friday on the bog.

Took Victor out for his first ice fishing trip and luckily no one skunked. The fishing was tough as we didn't establish a pattern until many hours into the trip. And the pattern was to fish shallow water over top of dead weeds!

5277974782_25587e5a4f_z.jpg

Here's to Victor's First Hole!

5277363159_44746012f7_z.jpg

His second fish.

5277974658_5368860c79_z.jpg

And frozen-fire with a very decent fish!

The best part about fishing reports at night is that there's no background to hide! :w00t:

Never got a measurement on that fish.

More than likely around the 12" mark. No PB by any means though... still looking for that 15 incher!

Fish actually hit twice. Aggressive jigging above the weeds drew it out of the cover where it lurked. Eventually I slowed my presentation down as it approached to entice it to attack...which it did. Rod tip jerked down, and I set the hook, but all I felt was the weight of the fish. It took the tail end of my jig without getting it's lips over the hook.

The fish quickly went back down into the weeds. After a few choice words, I lowered my presentation down again... guess who came back? LOL.

Same thing... slow the presentation down to barely any movement. Rod tip dips and set the hook. Then the beauty slab popped out of the hole.

I continued to catch maybe 3 more fish out of this hole before I had to move on. The crappie are holding tight to the weeds/cover and are not actively moving. You had to go search for them if you wanted success.

This made for tired arms with an 8" auger.

Fishing is slow, but hopefully things pick up as we get into the new year.

Stay safe out there. About 7-8" of solid ice all around, but surely there are spots with not as much build-up.

Edited by frozen-fire

Uh, nice, captured the moment haha.

I do look pretty retarded with the fly fishing vest and ugly snowpants, maybe i need one of those float suits now hahahah

oh yes, and a fishfinder.

wallet - :wallbash:

Edited by Victor

Uh, nice, captured the moment haha.

I do look pretty retarded with the fly fishing vest and ugly snowpants, maybe i need one of those float suits now hahahah

oh yes, and a fishfinder.

wallet - wallbash.gif

hahaha after I read the post I looked at your photo closer...that is funny!

Good job guys. Must be nice and quiet that time of day on the ice.