My new Mitsubishi heat pump is finally installed and running!

lookinforwalleye

After much anticipation my new Mits ductless ac/heatpump is up and running and all I can say is man I love this technology,while it`s only -8 or so right now the heat coming out of this thing is incredible.

We installed the indoor unit in the upstairs hall and within an hour it raised the upstairs temps from 63 to 72 degrees and did it in a much more efficent manner the EBB heaters, Mits claims the unit will produce heat down to -20 so we`ll see.

he a/c portion of the unit is 21 seer and claims to be much more efficent the traditional central a/c units.

Money well spent I think!

I'm in the midst of moving into a new location for my business. The new spot has a heat pump. I have no experience with them, but am piqued by it. I have it turned down right now and it is still nice and warm in there. The only thing I was told is it won't give quick heat like forced air, so you have to be patient.

I'm in the midst of moving into a new location for my business. The new spot has a heat pump. I have no experience with them, but am piqued by it. I have it turned down right now and it is still nice and warm in there. The only thing I was told is it won't give quick heat like forced air, so you have to be patient.

I haven`t notice a lag it seems to give heat right away,I never thought I would say this but I can`t for a -15 day to see how much heat it will give.

At these temps it`s about 2 1/2 times more efficient than the EBB and they tell me that in the spring and fall seasons it`s around 3 1/2 times more efficient than the EBB`s.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, it is referred to as COP (Co-efficient Of Performance). At times, you will get as high as 3 or 4 to 1 out of it. That means that for every watt you pay for on your bill, you are getting 3 or 4 watts out. The resistance elements in your baseboards are 1:1. You pay for 1, and get 1.

Cooling efficiencies will be similar to any other A/C unit with a similar SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) rating.

The COP will diminish as the outdoor temp drops, but for our climate, they perform pretty well.

Mits is also one of the originals when it comes to this design of system. They pioneered the ductless units.

Congrats on your new system Gord!

Yep, it is referred to as COP (Co-efficient Of Performance). At times, you will get as high as 3 or 4 to 1 out of it. That means that for every watt you pay for on your bill, you are getting 3 or 4 watts out. The resistance elements in your baseboards are 1:1. You pay for 1, and get 1.

Cooling efficiencies will be similar to any other A/C unit with a similar SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) rating.

The COP will diminish as the outdoor temp drops, but for our climate, they perform pretty well.

Mits is also one of the originals when it comes to this design of system. They pioneered the ductless units.

Congrats on your new system Gord!

Hi Brian nice to hear from you, the system is working great at these temps and it amazes me how much heat this thing is capable of producing at -5 to -10. I am heating the whole house(ex. basement) with the heat pump and a small 1000 watt heater.

The AC portion is 21 seer and from what I was told there is no comparison in this 1.5 ton unit compared to a regular central unit, all the other central ac units I had had the same problems freezing cold basement,okay main floor and a warm second floor and in the case of my previous house a loft that was so hot you could not stay in the room in the summer.The Mits will be pushing the air directly to the room no duct work to worry about.

The unit is very quite and I think it will prove to be a good investment.

Take care Brian

Mitsubishi make a very nice product. I've installed a bunch of Mitsubishi Mr. Slim air conditioners in the past few years. They are very reliable and quiet.

Tomorrow I'll be changing the furnace in my own house. I have a 20 year old Clare Bros. high efficient furnace that I've been pushing my luck with. I've had the ventor motor/fan hay wired together for the past week or so. :whistling: Tomorrow I'm picking up an Armstrong 2 stage high efficiency and will have it installed by the weekend. I got a great deal on it from my supplier. $1260.00 wholesale cost. $900.00 my cost. Not to mention the $800.00 I spent today for truck tires. Talk about an expensive holiday!!

Anyways, enjoy your unit. If you need any questions answered, Rattletrap is your man..

Mitsubishi make a very nice product. I've installed a bunch of Mitsubishi Mr. Slim air conditioners in the past few years. They are very reliable and quiet.

Tomorrow I'll be changing the furnace in my own house. I have a 20 year old Clare Bros. high efficient furnace that I've been pushing my luck with. I've had the ventor motor/fan hay wired together for the past week or so. :whistling: Tomorrow I'm picking up an Armstrong 2 stage high efficiency and will have it installed by the weekend. I got a great deal on it from my supplier. $1260.00 wholesale cost. $900.00 my cost. Not to mention the $800.00 I spent today for truck tires. Talk about an expensive holiday!!

Anyways, enjoy your unit. If you need any questions answered, Rattletrap is your man..

Hey Dan, what was that they used to say about the Shoemaker having the most worn out shoes? My own furnace is a 35 year old "Grimsby" that is standing pilot and belt drive. Efficiency is somewhere around maybe 55%!!! I don't use the AC all that much these days, so what I have in that regard will do.

Gord, the nice thing about having the AC on the second floor, is you are picking up the load from the warmest part of the house and delivering the conditioned air there as well. If you are happy with the heating, I think you will be very pleased with the A/C performance.

If the thermostat is on the second floor as well, you may find that the lower floors will really need the baseboards. Kind of difficult to get the lighter warm air down to the lower levels without a circulation system to take it there.

Ouch thats a tough bill Dan it is one thing to drop $900.oo on a toy that you can play with but to also have to install it. Hopefully you won't have to do to much sheet metal work that stuff cuts me every time I look at it. Good luck and run the house up to 85F before you disconnect the unit :w00t:

Art

Hey Dan, what was that they used to say about the Shoemaker having the most worn out shoes? My own furnace is a 35 year old "Grimsby" that is standing pilot and belt drive. Efficiency is somewhere around maybe 55%!!! I don't use the AC all that much these days, so what I have in that regard will do.

Gord, the nice thing about having the AC on the second floor, is you are picking up the load from the warmest part of the house and delivering the conditioned air there as well. If you are happy with the heating, I think you will be very pleased with the A/C performance.

If the thermostat is on the second floor as well, you may find that the lower floors will really need the baseboards. Kind of difficult to get the lighter warm air down to the lower levels without a circulation system to take it there.

Yes Brian the upstairs is very warm and I would like to get some of that heat downstairs just haven`t figured out how to do it yet, if you have any ideas let me know.