Summer fishfinder for winter

Cosmos

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the very very late reply. I told myself to take some pics next time I took my fishfinder out. But I kept forgetting. Anyway, here are some pics that show how I set up my transducer. I use a white plastic fastener/tie to secure the cable to the portable mount (after removing the suction cup). I have absolutely no problem making the transducer horizontal this way (the last pic shows how it looks when I hold it by the cable).

P1290156s.JPGP1290158s.JPGP1290159s.JPGP1290165s.JPG

seriuosly .............................this question takes that many post in reply 2 pages of yup it'll work just fine

sorry to bunk on your report but come on !!!!!! ever heard of google dang

Change your settings. You can have 40 posts per page. And yup it'll work just fine.

never been ice fishing but thought the ice fish finder can work above the ice by putting the transducer over the ice to help locate the place (fish under) where you gonna put your auger to drill, is that right?

A definitely maybe!!!

If the ice is clear with no air bubbles & you use some way of insuring there is no air between your transducer & the ice than yes. Thick layered ice with air bubbles in it than forget it.

A definitely maybe!!!

If the ice is clear with no air bubbles & you use some way of insuring there is no air between your transducer & the ice than yes. Thick layered ice with air bubbles in it than forget it.

I see. make sense. thanks buddy.

i do the same with my bros x67c, getting it to sit and read right in the whole is another story.... Should of got an ICE ducer as i bought another one made for the boat and it glitchy

For my setup pictured above, I can adjust the cord so that it hangs absolutely vertical. Then it becomes the same as the "ice" tranducer. I have used it for 4 seasons now and never had a problem. I can read the depth and see my jig or any fish down there. It's just a cheap alternative to buying another transducer, when I already have a portable one.

BTW, putting the transducer on the ice and trying to get a reading never worked for me. Having very "clean" ice out there is very rare. Mostly like you need to drill the hole.