I'm toying with an idea here

GBW

Hey all.

Any advise would be GREAT here. So I'm toying with the idea of getting my father to set up 4 huts on his lake for the FMZ 17 panfish Rag's. He doesn't have access to live minnow (well as I type this) but that may change. He's handy as hell to build the hut's, it's just a matter of what do people want in a rental hut. But he doesn't have a ATV or sled to bring the huts from point A to B. I know the lake very well and can give him GPS locations to fish. But is it worth wile to try and get this off the ground? I have ALL the ice fishing gear and can pass on some to him but again, is it worth the effort being where he is in the Burnt River area? I know it would give him something else to do but I'm not to sure if he's interested in it right now. Thanks,

Geoff

Edited by GBW

Well Geoff, if he's not sure he's interested, there's a good chance he's not. If he was, he'd get a sled or a 4 wheeler. I have a feeling that you want that more than he does...what do you think?

Correct Roy, just thinking of a way for him to enjoy it and maybe make $ at it.

Edited by GBW

you need to find out how commited he is to your plan.

figure out how much money you need to lay out to get started.

hut material & labour.

propane tanks, propane, heaters.

tip ups, line, hooks, scoops.

auger- customers like extra holes.

ATV- to move huts.

a sleigh to take customers out to huts.

helmuts for customers on sleigh.

minnows

minnow buckets.

a place to store huts in the off season.

registering a limited company.

venders permit.

INSURANCE, for equipment & customers.

thats just off the top of my head, im sure there is more to add to the list.

I haven't talked to him about the idea yet but I do plan to this weekend when he comes for a visit. Last time I took him out he did have fun but we used my clam 2000. As for ATV or sled, he would get an ATV so he can plow the driveway as well as all the other uses for it. He has a company set up already so that's not an issue. It's all the little things skeeter said that would be his hurdle to get going. Hut storage isn't an issue; just getting them down and out to the lake is... Tks all! Keep the replies coming.