What show is better?

mugsmuffin

I didn't go to either one last year, But in terms of all the years I've gone to both. I have always done a little better going to the sportsman show than the spring fishing show for gear. But that's from my point of view with the gear I look for...

Cheers: Dave

:santa:

Back in the day when the Sportsman's Show was the only game in town, I never missed it. Nearing the end, I stopped going because of the carnival barkers hawking their handy dandy non outdoors related junk. Although nowadays it might be difficult to discern what constitutes "outdoors related" because of ear plugs, marshmallows and shoe racks. These days, I only do the Spring Fishing Show but that might mostly be because of the high concentration of OFNers attending.

Edited to add: If I only had one show to pick I'd probably do the Muskie Odyssey in St. Catharines. If you even have just a minor interest in muskie fishing, then that is a must see. It is the only just muskie show with top speakers, great products, super auctions and MCI ensures that profits go back into the fishery. Good deal all around.

I agree with Roy.....back in the day the Toronto Sportsman show was great! I remembered getting excited about heading down to it with dad to grab deals. I remember the 2 floors of different vendors and sittin' in the beer section with the old man!! lol Wish it was the same as before so my kids could get excited about heading down it. As Roy said, there's too much non-related junk there now.

I used to love the Sportsman's show....till Le Baron dropped out one year. Went to the Spring Fishing show a few times and wasn't too impressed. Lately I haven't been to either show for many years. Since Bass Pro Opened I think you can get competitive deals from either them or Le Barons. Other than seeing a few seminars I don't think either show is worth the admission. For pure bargins, Boxing day sales and regular sales will do the same.

I agree with Roy.....back in the day the Toronto Sportsman show was great! I remembered getting excited about heading down to it with dad to grab deals. I remember the 2 floors of different vendors and sittin' in the beer section with the old man!! lol Wish it was the same as before so my kids could get excited about heading down it. As Roy said, there's too much non-related junk there now.

That saved me from typing a long response.

Totally agree with you and Roy.Well except for the musky part. :sarcasm::jerry:

Those were the days. :good:

I don't go for super deals because there usually aren't many if any at any of the shows any more, but I like the seminars at all of them, I've been involved with the Kids Archery booth, OBF Casting Kids booth, Bruce Leeson's Casting booth at the Sportsman Show for many years, took Boy Scouts there for years when I was a Leader lots of variety for them, more recently I've been helping with the CBAF Booth at the Spring Fishing Show the last 2 years & BPS Spring Classic CBAF Booth last year, its great to meet all the people that come by & talk to them about fishing, my Daughter loves the Sportsman Show even at 25 & my Grand Daughter was 3 last year & really enjoyed the Sportsman Show, I had her there for most of the day, I didn't like the North & South Building split, just to far away

My 2 Cents Richard

We used to go to the Sportsmans Show at the CNE every year when I was young(er). LOL !

Hadn't been to either show for quite a while, except for the Spring Fishing Show a few years ago.

Not far from home and I knew lots of OFNers would be there. Even got a pic with Mrs. OFC herself, Monique Quesnel.