You got too be kidding!!!!!

LeXXington

yeah but you should see how shiney my car is now!! i even soaped up the apolstry with some tide first too.... woohoo now all I gota do is wait till spring and my car will be ready for sale!...

why would someone risk their life like that? I hope they watched the episode of mythbusters on how to get out of a car that goes under water.....

Just came across the Radio.. someone tried to drive across Lake Simcoe and went through.. !!!! More to come..

Maybe they would brake through on shore, I was out this am, 18 inches on Cooks Bay. But, I'll add the only thing I drive out there is the 6x6.

Edited by Fisherman

Lake Simcoe ice unsafe: Police

Friday, March 16, 2007 - 01:12 PM

By: Anne Winstanley

Toronto - A warning from York Regional Police about the ice on Lake Simcoe .. stay off it.

The recent warm temperatures have caused the ice to deteriorate, leaving areas of open water along the shoreline.

Police say a vehicle that was attempting to cross the lake this morning near Virginia Beach just north of Pefferlaw, plunged through the ice. The driver was not injured and was able to get out safely.

All ice fishing huts were to be removed from the lake by midnight last night.

York Regional Police is urging residents to follow these safety tips:

- Wear proper flotation attire and clothing when participating in a water-related activity

- Tell someone about your plans and specifically where you are going

- Know the condition of the ice or water before you go out and take into consideration the recent changes in the weather may have had on the ice

- Be suspicious of gray, dark or porous spots in the ice as these may be soft areas. Ice is generally strongest where it is hard and blue.

For more information, please contact the Marine Unit at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7320, or visit www.yrp.ca.

To add ................

Folks the ice was late coming and realy didnt have the proper temps to make that good hard solid ice. Yes last weekend I was out on 18 inches of ice,but man I never had such a hard time drill,n a manual then I did that weekend. The ice is soft,Layers of slush then blue then slush,THAT IS NOT GOOD ICE. wHEN THE WARMER TEMPS COME BACK,THE ICE WILL BE GONE FASTER THEN YOU KNOW IT.