RAGING RIVERS

canadian_copper

WELL AFTER YESTERDAY ALL DAY RAIN AND TODAYS SNOW I TOOK A DRIVE BY A FEW CREEKS.

UNLESS U HAVE CLASS 3 RAPID EXPERIENCE I WOULDNT BE GOIN ANYWHERE NEAR A RIVER FOR A FEW DAYS.

OSHAWA CREEK IS UP ATLEAST 3FT AND MOVIN VERY FAST AND MUD.

SO THOUGHT ID SAVE YA ALL A TRIP IF YA THINKIN OF GOIN TOMOR. AD IF YA ARE DUMB ENOUGH MAKE SURE YA GOT A LIFE JACKET ON LOL

Drove through rain of biblical proportions this morning.

Every river, creek and ditch pure brown and churning mud.

As expected our chosen river was running high with just a tinge of colour though.

Smacked the poop out of them (all bright bullet chromers) all morning then the rain changed to snow.

More than 6" fell in a very short time. Was a total blizzard LOL!

We poked a bunch more then packed it in, my hands couldn't take it anymore.

Despite the weather it was a great day 'till we got my Accord stuck in a snow covered pit of oozing mud LOL!

Tried to dig it out with the butt end of my snow scraper. Wasn't working too good LOL!

Finally after wallowing in the mud for an hour or so and the snow still falling hard I broke down and called a tow truck.

In 20 minutes we were out and enroute to the nearest powerwasher.

Tomorrow and Friday will be absolutely on fire, wish I could go. :(

So that's my story. Sorry to hijack your post Scott, but I wanted to tell the tale. :)

you tried to dig that out with that blue snow brush???????????

:rofl2::rofl2:

to bad you dont come to the east end to fish.

theres lots of OFC'rs here that would have came out to help you.

of course we would reserve the right to post all the pictures of you on your knee's with the snow brush...LOL

well atleast you got out safe.

:rofl2::rofl2:

of course we would reserve the right to post all the pictures of you on your knee's with the snow brush...LOL

Yeah you can see the snow brush in the background. :lol:

There was some pretty choice commentary while I was digging let me tell ya. :lol:

rofl2.gifrofl2.gif

I'm sure you meant pics of him down on his knees digging...but all I could think of was him doing the "Solo pose" with the scraper, instead of a fish rofl2.gif

And yeah...I'll bet there were some choice words...I hope this doesn't mean you got rid of the X-Trail?

I'm sure you meant pics of him down on his knees digging...but all I could think of was him doing the "Solo pose" with the scraper, instead of a fish rofl2.gif

And yeah...I'll bet there were some choice words...I hope this doesn't mean you got rid of the X-Trail?

Smart :asshat:

:D

It was the first trip the entire fall I didn't drive the truck, go figure.

Not sure how good your tires are, but the Icelander secret to get out of snow is to deflate your tires a bit to provide more traction.

Ummmm....yeah. No way I was going to that in a mud pit with a front wheel drive sedan. :lol:

Seriously I wasted a lot of time digging with the ice scraper and getting pretty frustrated.

Tow truck guy was there 15 mins after I called and only charged 20 bucks. :thumbsup_anim: